cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix not Working, Error Code: APPS-04154

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Attempt to open the app and it says "Having trouble opening the app. Please try again in a few minutes" APPS-04154.

This has been going on since Friday at 8pm, it is now Saturday at 10am.

Rebooted the Xi6. It works on the other Xi6

Thnx

Bill

**Labels Added**

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Netflix not Working, Error Code: APPS-04154

RogersYasmine

Hey there @Biollw!

Thanks so much for posting your concern! 

I know a lot of us utilize Netflix on a regular basis, myself included!! Sorry to hear you're experiencing some trouble accessing it from one of your Ignite boxes. Not cool. 😕

This happens to me every once in a while but normally it's fine after a quick reboot of the box. I did check to see if there were any known issues being reported and so far there aren't. 

Is anyone else having these issues on one or more of their Ignite TV boxes at the moment? If so, please do chime in! 

Happy holidays everyone!

RogersLaura

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw  You're not alone.  Two of my set-top boxes didn't seem to want to load apps today either.  First noticed with the Holiday Countdown app on one STB; Netflix and Holiday Countdown on another.  Power-cycling the modem followed by the set-top boxes didn't clear the problem.

I then tried loading a different app, the Prime Video app.  That worked... and then the other apps would load.  (Don't ask me why the trick of loading a different app "fixes" the problem of another app not loading.)

Also not good: ALL previous progress on the Holiday Countdown app on ALL set-top boxes got reset completely.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Nope no such luck, still same result.

Blankis
I've been around

Hi I’m sorry experiencing the same issue with Netflix on my ignite box. Already reboot the box and it’s not working. Netflix works perfectly in all my other devices. Any advice here?

Hello @Biollw@Blankis,

I don't see other reported incidents for the Netflix app that you are encountering. A search for the error you're getting leads to Netflix Help Center, which suggests restarting the device. You can also try the Reset Netflix option. If the error persists, then please PM us so we can submit a ticket for you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw  APPS-04154 is just the generic error for an app not being able to load.  You'll also see it if you try to load the currently unreleased DAZN app.  (Issue the "Da zone" voice command.)  However, this should not be happening with Netflix.  If power cycling your modem followed by your STBs doesn't fix it, try doing a "System Refresh" and then, if necessary, try "Reset Netflix".  (These are both in Settings > Help)

Netflix works fine for me.  As for my issues with some apps not loading/not working properly, this is looking more and more like a problem that I reported a few months ago that never really got resolved by tech support.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Yes tried reboot modem and stb and still failed. Went out for the afternoon and got back at supper time and it finally worked.

Ddeveau
I've been here awhile
Happened at least frigging 10times a day everyday....every single time I try to open App. About to cancel subscription, either Netflix fix...or Rogers. Already getting Provider quotes to eliminate both!!

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Ddeveau  Netflix is working fine for me.  The Netflix support page says that you should be able to fix this by rebooting the Ignite set-top box.  I presume that you have already tried to do this countless times.

If that does not work, try to reset the Netflix app.  Press the "A" button on your remote to access the Help screen, then press the right arrow to get to "Reset Netflix".  After you do this, you will need to log into Netflix again.

If that still does not work, try rebooting your Ignite modem by power-cycling it.  Wait for the modem's status LED to turn solid white, then reboot your Ignite set-top box.

I too am having difficulties since thursday in loading Netflix. I have tried suggested fixes by rebooting my router which didnt work, then the digital box itself still not working. Any other suggestions. This is happening g on more than one digital box.

Same issue here on 3 boxes. Tried rebooting, etc and no luck. Other apps work fine.

If Netflix cannot load on any of your set-top boxes, it might be a network problem.  Could you please try testing your IPv4 & IPv6 network connectivity with one of the following test sites?

http://test-ipv6.com

https://en.internet.nl/connection/

If you are testing from a mobile device, make sure that you are connected to your home WiFi network.

If any of those tests are failing, try rebooting your Ignite modem/gateway.

Are you seeing any other problems with Ignite TV, such as channel changes taking a few seconds?

adriandower
I've been around
Hi,

I’m currently experiencing this issue and cannot get ahold of Rogers. Live chat says no agents available and the phone lone go’s to callback option and when they call back the line is dead silent. Has anyone found a fix for the Netflix error?

Good evening and welcome to the Community @adriandower,

Thank you for posting your inquiry in the forums. You've definitely come to the right place. As per the Netflix Help Center, this error typically points to information stored on the device that needs to be refreshed. Have you tried rebooting the set top box to see if it resolves the issue for you?

Alternatively, @-G- recommended resetting the app. You can press the "A" button on your remote to access the Help screen, then press the right arrow to get to "Reset Netflix".  Once done, you will be required to log into Netflix again.

Please keep us posted!

RogersZia

I just tried the “reset Netflix” fix after trying to reboot the set top and it won’t even let me sign back in. It’s still giving me the same error code after resetting it. This is getting pretty frustrating now.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My understanding of "APPS-04154" is that it is a generic error that occurs whenever an app cannot load or initialize for whatever reason.

For example, try giving the "da zone" voice command.  The Ignite box will try to load the "DAZN" app, which is not available to us, and you will get an "APPS-04154" error.

It could also happen if the app cannot start, most likely due to either a hardware problem with the set-top box or a communication problem of some sort.  It should not happen with an app like Netflix, especially if you are only using Rogers-provided equipment in your network.

You can also check your set-top box's firmware status by accessing a diagnostic screen as follows:

Press and hold the Exit button on your Rogers remote for three seconds, then key in: Down Down 2

You should now see a screen that says, "Summary > Info".  In the Firmware section, next to Firmware Download Status, it should say, "No upgrade needed".  If your firmware is not up-to-date, for what ever reason, you need to contact Rogers and have them investigate.

Press Exit to resume watching TV.

The only things that you can do (that I can think of) as a customer is:

• Reboot your Ignite gateway by power-cycling it.  (This will reset your modem and network into a good state.)
  • Reboot your set-top box
  • Reset your 3rd-party app data by going to: Settings / Privacy / Clear Cookies and Local Storage Data.
  • "Reset Netflix" from the set-top box's Help screen (Accessed by pressing the "A" button on your remote)
  • Perform a "System Refresh" from the set-top box's Help screen

If none of the above works, you will need to contact Rogers Tech Support either by telephone or by sending a Private Message to @CommunityHelps .  The Rogers support techs can poll the status of your equipment and run a suite of tests from their end.

Ddeveau
I've been here awhile

I have rebooted everything, all 5 Ignite set top boxes, same issue... Netflix error. Get it fixed!

Topic Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 11 in conversation