I've been here awhile

Hi Rogers 

my ignite cable tv keeps freezing. Please tell me the fix thanks 

*Added Labels*

52 REPLIES 52

Re: Ignite cuts out and freezes frequently

mascf1
I'm a reliable contributor

I’m getting completely fed up with Rogers.  For the past few days the TV screen has been going black for about 30 seconds and then the picture comes back.  When I try to change the channel while the screen is black it says there appears to be a gateway problem, but theres no issue with Internet access.

mascf1

OMG, all support does is make excuses!  The modem and TV box have never changed their locations over the entire 2 years I’ve had ignite TV and now they’re arguing that my TV box isn’t getting a good wifi signal. That tells me there’s either an issue with the wifi adapter in the TV box or the modem, yet all they suggest is either move the modem or the TV box!  This is not being helpful.

Greetings @mascf1!

Our tools let us view the signal strength at your set top box. Even if you haven't moved the modem or set top box, that doesn't mean that new sources of interference haven't been introduced into or around your home. 

Do you have any WiFi pods in your home? If we're seeing a weak signal at the set top box, a pod may be necessary to fix it. Moving the modem or set top box is another solution if you do not want a WiFi pod.

Regards,

RogersCorey

mascf1
Absolutely no new sources of potential interference have been added to the environment. I don’t need pods, I’m in a condo and the modem is less than 30 feet from the TV box.

Being in a condo, you'll be within range of potentially dozens of WiFi networks at once which could interfere with your WiFi signal. 

If you don't want to add an Ignite WiFi Pod to bring up the signal strength near the set top box, is it possible to hardwire the STB via Ethernet? If we're seeing a weak signal at the STB, Ethernet is the best possible solution. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

mascf1

The fact remains that none of my other devices that use wifi are having any issues.  There is no need for a pod when the modem is providing a strong wifi signal to all other devices that are the same distance from the modem as the TV box.  No one ever bothers to consider the wifi adapter in the tv box could be the issue.  Rogers never provides brand new equipment to customers, it’s entirely possible the tv box has a failing adapter.

I have the same issue - is signal strength -47 the issue?

Good day, @Booms2525 !

Thanks for adding to this conversation and sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with your internet service. That's never fun! 😞

In order for the community to better assist, can you kindly provide some more details?

- Have you reached out to support? If so, what troubleshooting was done and what were their findings?

- Have you tried rebooting the modem and the set top box? (in that order)

- Are multiple devices having WiFi connectivity issues?

- How far is the set top box from your modem?

- Are you using WiFi pods? Or just the Rogers modem for your WiFi?

We look forward to your response. 🙂

RogersYasmine

Thomas18
I've been around

My new install of my ignite system is also freezing where the remote seems not to connect with the set top box. When it finally responds it's very slow. If I reboot by unplugging the set top box it fixes it but it will eventually start to freeze.  I am connected through an ethernet cable. All my other set top box Roku works flawlessly . Everything is switch through an Onkyo RZ theatre amp. In a nutshell the set top box stops working with the modem and I can't even use it to restart the box. All other devices connected to my system work fine.

Good morning @Thomas18!

If your Ignite TV is completely freezing up, then that is not normal behaviour and we should troubleshoot. 

We'd be happy to take a closer look to see what is going on! Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

fisherman
I've been here awhile

Try removing all splitters 
it seems to be working for me

Topic Stats