cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV very unrealiable after restored service

themysteryone
I plan to stick around

Hi Everyone...
Just to add, our Ignite TV is still very choppy. Most channels are having a hard time loading with the XRE-03137 error message. Channels are freezing and going dark. Very unstable.

**Added Labels**

93 REPLIES 93

Re: Ignite TV very unrealiable after restored service

My Ignite TV continues to cut out and is choppy since the service came back on.

PaulCryne
I've been around
Rogers haven’t solved their problems, confirming they are a totally incompetent company……virtual monopoly almost as bad as government.

nkay
I plan to stick around
Same here in London, ON. TV was in better shape Sunday night. Today it’s just unwatchable with constant cutouts. Internet speed is very fast so all other services like Netflix and Disney are fine.

Seems like they are throttling TV and OnDemand traffic to prioritize other services. Better Call Saul and Bachelorette are on tonight and my wife is on the rampage 😉

CatherineR
I've been here awhile
I cannot access any tv channels today, only prime and Netflix

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CommunityHelps Yup... totally unwatchable (either black screen or errors) on an Ignite TV set-top box but works fine when watching on my computer/web browser and iPhone mobile app.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just to be sure, I did a Gateway restart. Even that didn't work because I got the following message:  I rarely watch live TV but it doesn't work properly either. What a mess!

We Encountered an Issue.

If the problem persists, check back later.

Salchi62
I've been around

What a waste of money
They are only going to credit us for 2days
Works out to about $40 dollars
They should show good faith and credit us for the full month
Will be looking at Bell

How1
I've been here awhile
Same problem with ignite tv, still not functioning properly on July 11, London Ontario

Beaus
I've been around

Ignite TV not working! Have reset the box through the app but still does not work.

jjjjy7
I'm a reliable contributor
Worked great for the last two days. Now not working in Ottawa. Freezing. Choppy.

fileseeker
I've been here awhile

Same here in Hamilton, west mountain. Freezing and black screen. three dots when changing the channel persists for 15 to 30 seconds before the channel kicks in then freezes after a few seconds. Recordings also freeze. It appears that on demand may be working ok though. 

AliMehrnoosh
I've been around
July 11th, Barrie, ON, no tv all ignite tv channels are down,

stuartmmiller
I've been around

Same here. 8:25 pm on July 11. Internet working fine and no issues with watching Netflix through ignite. However, tv channels freeze or sound drops out. Reset the router/modem.   

User4074
I plan to stick around

Yup.  Ignite TV is still a mess, Mon Jul 11 evening.   But don't worry folks, the CEO said were going to get credit for Friday.   Absolute slap in the face to all Canadians - not just Rogers' faithful customers. 

KVolek1974
I've been around
My tv is worse today then its been since Saturday. Its virtually useless. Was looming forward to the Premier of better call Saul tonight but thats not happening. So frustrating.

SpeedyC
I'm a reliable contributor

I live in Mississauga.

Ignite TV seemed stable Monday morning between 4am-5am.

Then I left for work.

I returned home around 4:30pm, and service was still OK for a while.

But after 6pm and into the night, the constant visual and audio freezes and skips returned.

Appears the system is still strained by all the viewers returning home from work.

themysteryone
I plan to stick around

Hi Everyone...

There are still many people without 100 percent service.

Can we show whats working and not working by listing the service and your postal code?

I'm in M3M and Ignite Internet is working but Ignite TV is experiencing very choppy service.  Very Annoying.

KAVANAGH
I've been here awhile

N6k 4n3 intermittent t.v. and internet. Only a couple channels both sound and video cut out every 5 to 10 seconds. My most important TV week of the year. British open. I'm switching back to Bell. This whole fiasco was avoidable. I.e. " leave nothing to chance" and redundancy is useless if mod was done on both at same time. And to be duped into the story that " majority" are back up is unconscionable. Bye bye

It's Monday and Ignite TV is STILL freezing, stuttering!!   Frustration is becoming unbearable!

Rogers…please do better! You kept insisting we get Ignite TV and against my better judgement (and only because you jacked cable to be $100 more), I reluctantly and very recently switched to Ignite!
It’s been terrible since “day 1”, which has been only two weeks however I would love to sit down and tell you all the idiosyncrasies just trying to fast forward, rewind show, pauses too quickly, put you out of a channel you want and please don’t get me started on the so-called remote that in itself is riddled with problems! Who designed the remote!
And now, since the CONTINUED outage it’s the most unstable product you have right now!
This is day 4 of intermittent TV screen freezes, black screen, sitting here again. I clearly have the time to write you because I can’t get any TV again tonight!

Shamidi
I've been here awhile

Ignite TV is not working. What is this? Can’t get through Rogers! The phone get disconnected