cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Yellow/Green Screen issue on RCA TV

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

Xi6-T ignite box-how to access video settings

I have the Ignite box Xi6-T which a tech installed today, swapping out the old box because my RCA 4K tv only displayed a green screen & no sound. It worked great when he installed it about 4 hrs ago, but it's now doing it again. Yesterday, I was able to fix this problem by using the box from another TV. It is an Xi6-A. But now, even that doesn't work. I suspect it is a resolution problem. The TV shows 1280X720P when the Ignite box boots up. Anyone else having issues. The tech said there is a known issue with RCA-4K's

thanks

***Added Labels***

81 REPLIES 81

Re: Ignite TV Yellow/Green Screen issue on RCA TV

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@scouternorm  If you are asking how to set the output resolution manually on the Xi6, the option is in: Settings > Device Settings > Video Display > Video Output Resolution

You can also set the output resolution directly with the following sequence: Press and hold the "Rogers" menu button for three seconds, then key in: ⬆️ ⬆️ 2.  You'll see a pop-up that says: "Enter Control Code"; enter the desired resolution.  (e.g. 0720 / 1080)  Easter egg: 7777 displays the screen saver.

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

thanks.

Norm

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

Ignite box hooked to RCA 4K making screen green, with no sound & 1280x720P. This issue first showed up last Sunday. At the time, I restarted the box, changed HDMI cable, and even changed HDMI ports, all to no avail. Then I grabbed another box from another TV, hooked it up & it worked fine. I even took the faulty box to the other TV, & it worked fine there. I contacted Rogers & they sent a tech on Monday, who replaced the Xi6-A with another brand, model Xi6-T. At that time, all worked well. A few hours later, it reverted to the green screen of death. lol I tried bringing another box to the TV, like the first time, but this time it didn't fix it. When the tech was here, he said that this was an issue that other techs had ran into, specifically with RCA 4K tv's. & the contact at Rogers Facebook page said it was also a known issue, but no fix yet. I suspect that a software update is the culprit, as my RCA tv worked fine from when I had Ignite installed on Dec 31/19. greenscreen.png

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1. Have you gone into the Rogers box' video settings and set the video output to 4K instead of "auto"?  Have you tried 1080i just as a test?

2. Make sure you're connected to the 4K HDMI port on the TV.   Some TVs only have one specific port for 4K.

3. Have you updated the firmware of the TV?  Sometimes it's not compatible with Rogers' boxes until updated.

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

the thing is tho, that everything was working fine until it didn't, so why should I have to change anything? I think that a software update is the culprit. We've seen this with Windows, Apple & others. All the time.

@scouternorm  Okay but assuming that this problem was caused by a Comcast software update, Rogers didn't write the code that broke things for you so all that they can do is inform Comcast of the interoperability issue with your TV.

It's also equally possible that RCA may have updated their firmware (to fix broken behaviour) and the Xi6 update fixed an interoperability issue with that update for your TV, which you have not applied yet.

In the end, it will be easier for Rogers to escalate getting a fix (assuming that one is required) if your TV's firmware is up to date.  Your other course of action is to call RCA for support to see if this is a known issue that they are working on fixing... and I'm sure that they, too, will ask if your TV's firmware is up to date as well.

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

According to the user manual for the TV, taken from the Curtis webpage, there is no facility in the Settings menus of the TV to implement a firmware update.

Also when looking on the webpage there is no firmware download available,

Searching the official RCA support website online produces no results for either downloading firmware for your model or how to do it if the firmware was available.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

TV firmware was but one item I mentioned.  What about the others?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would also try pulling the power plug and power-cycling the TV.

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

I have tried 1080i and 1080p settings. I do not know if only 1 of my HDMI ports are 4K, but I have hooked the Ignite box to all 3, and have tried different cables. Someone else advised to pull power on TV, and restart, which didn't change anything. Rogers says this is a known issue, but they don't have a fix. I'd like to know when it became a known issue. My TV had been fine since the install on 12/31/19.

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

I tried this, nothing has changed.

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

Also, I should have mentioned that I have 2 game systems hooked up to this TV, and the resolution & colors are fine. One connects to HDMI, the other is AV. So if HDMI was the culprit, or my TV was the reason for this, I would think that it would show up here as well. The version of the Xi6-T box is 107.0.0 and the release date is 01/06/20. There is also an STB timestamp of Tuesday Jan 28 2020, 3:17 AM UTC. I am beginning to get a little frustrated with Rogers. They acknowledge that there is an issue, but don't have a solution.

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

I just contacted Rogers on the social media Facebook page- here's what they said: "The issue is with the firmware inside the boxes. I can assure you that our technicians are working diligently to find a solution. They are currently testing rollbacks and new firmware." They are also working with Comcast.

I will keep you updated, and hope to find a solution soon!

try factory reset your TV

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

yes, I tried that when it first started acting up. It did not improve the picture. & Rogers confirm that it is a firmware issue with their Ignite box & are working with Comcast to get it fixed. I don't know why only my RCA TV is affected, but my Sharp & LG work fine. & the RCA worked fine up until approx Feb 7th or 8th. I had Ignite installed on 12/31/2019

Hey @scouternorm!

We appreciate all of the helpful information and updates that you've been providing! Glad to hear you were able to get in touch with our Facebook Messaging team to get more intel on the issue. Assuming they have already submitted a ticket for you, we look forward to another update on the outcome!

We really hope this issue will be resolved for you sooner rather than later as I'm sure you are not the only one affected by it.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

mm1k
I plan to stick around

Hello Laura, thanks for your kind words and yes there are many of us affected. 

Rogers is killing us with kindness...how about fixing the issue and restoring service instead ... I for one would much rather have that:)

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

I got a text this morning from Rogers, with a case number, saying there has been a delay in fixing the problem, but that the tech teams are working on it. Probably a delay because it's the weekend? It is becoming a pain, for sure. I have a 58" 4K TV that I can't use to watch TV. I will be asking for a partial refund on my Feb TV bill

Me too!

My mother in law is having the same issue.

Her smaller RCA TV is having the same issues described in this thread.
But her Toshiba in the kitchen does not have this issue.

Topic Stats