Ignite TV Closed Captioning failures

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite TV Closed Captioning failures

I'm finding closed captioning to be very frequently messed up with Ignite in ways that I hardly ever saw with cable and my Nextbox 3. It's kind of hard to describe, but I'll try. Very often, on many different programs, many of the words in the black boxes are missed or overlapped. In other cases, complete lines of dialogue are missed. Often, I would expect a sentence to be split onto 2 lines but the latter part of the sentence is smashed into the end on only one line. 

I think it happens most when playing a recorded program, either one I've saved or "on demand", than one that's streaming "live". 

Any suggestions or is anyone else seeing this?

***Added Labels***
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV Closed Captioning failures

What happens if you rewind and re-watch the same segment?  If it's still got the identical issue, then the problem is with the recording at Rogers' end (server).  If it's better or different when you re-watch, then there is an issue with the "transmission" to you and could be an indication of a poor signal at your location or neighbourhood.  Are you saying it's OK live, or just less?  

Have you called Rogers and have them check the signal?

I'm a Senior Contributor

Have been using ignite tv closed captioning and have to agree it is messed up. Same mess if I rewind and watch it again. At least it is consistently messed.

I Plan to Stick Around

I've been doing some experimentation since I first reported the problem on this forum.  What I have discovered is that the problem shows up most often when I record a program from an American channel and the program is simsubbed.  (That's where the Canadian feed, including ads are presented instead of the American feed) Wherever I've changed the recording channel to the Canadian channel, CC seems to be working properly. Odd, but it seems to work better.

I'm a Senior Contributor

Shoot a short video of the CC problem and post a link. I have seen it as well. Unusable, IMHO