cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Channels Missing

Flowygroyg
I've been here awhile

When I signed up for the Ignite TV I lost some  of the channels I watch a lot.  I.e. 21 and 22 where I watch Blue Jays, and Channel 747 (plus other Stingray music channels).  How can I get them back?  Your information is not very user friendly for an 87 year old customer who has been with you for 50 years. The reason I got ignite tv is also very confusing.  All I needed was a new remote.  In the old one the buttons had worn out and I could not change channels any more. (it was not the batteries in the remote)  I called Rogers and I was told to get  new remote I had to get the Ignite TV.  Here I am now trying to get familiar with the Ignite and the information I get is not helpful.  Please tell me how I can get a bundle that includes the channels I have lost without paying  $40.00 plus a month,

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV Channels Missing

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Flowygroyg : Which IgniteTV package do you have? There are several very different packages. You need to subscribe to a package that includes the "sports channels", which is typically not cheap, or you can add them as a "theme".

As for Stingray, those are no longer "channels" on the IgniteTV package, but rather an app that you can access in a number of ways.  Here's a detailed discussion on that topic:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Stingray/m-p/508986#M17135

I'm not sure which packages include Stingray, but again, you need to have a package that includes them if you want them, or pay for them as a "theme".  I believe most packages include Stingray, but I"m not sure if the most basic ones do.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Flowygroyg : Which IgniteTV package do you have? There are several very different packages. You need to subscribe to a package that includes the "sports channels", which is typically not cheap, or you can add them as a "theme".

As for Stingray, those are no longer "channels" on the IgniteTV package, but rather an app that you can access in a number of ways.  Here's a detailed discussion on that topic:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Stingray/m-p/508986#M17135

I'm not sure which packages include Stingray, but again, you need to have a package that includes them if you want them, or pay for them as a "theme".  I believe most packages include Stingray, but I"m not sure if the most basic ones do.

Sjames
I've been here awhile

Hi 

I'm missing channels from my Total TV package in Ottawa, I recently moved from Brampton to Ottawa and had to change my package to the Regional Ottawa Total Tv, I don't get any of the Ottawa channels, IT has been working on this for a month and I still do not have my Ottawa channels

Appreciate any help I can get

@Sjames, personal opinion, connect an indoor antenna to your coax port on the tv for Over the Air reception and run the tv's channel tuner to locate and store the available channels.  You don't need a really expensive antenna.  Even a cheap antenna is adequate for Ottawa.

If you happen to have the tv located near a cable port, you can connect that cable port to the tv, follow that cable to the structured wiring panel and then connect the tv's coax cable to another cable that runs off to a room where you can park the antenna.  The best place to locate the antenna is where is happens to face the transmitting towers.  

To figure that out, go to TV Fool.   Follow the link to "Check your address for free TV".  Follow the "Click here" on the next page and enter your address to determine where you are in relation to the tv towers. 

You can also use RabbitEars.Info - Signal Search Map

That's a little more work to move the push pin  to your Ottawa address, but, its still easy to use the map and end up with the list of stations and station directions for your address.

We're in the west end and our tv antenna is up in the attic.  That gets 13 or 14 channels, don't remember off of the top of my head which covers Ottawa and Gatineau.  That's probably all that you're going to receive with a fairly basic tv antenna.  If you're in south Ottawa, with the right antenna (probably outdoors) you can probably receive US stations from Watertown or Massena.  That's the next level up.  Don't have to go there, just pointing it out.  For now, keep it simple. 

Best part of this:  with a little effort you'll receive the Ottawa stations that you're looking for.  And, beyond the initial cost of an antenna and F-81 connector to cross connect the cables (if applicable), receiving and watching the Ottawa channels won't cost anything.  

Fwiw, here's a link to the Digital Home site, where you can find further information:

https://www.digitalhome.ca/

If you run a search for OTA, you'll find numerous threads for OTA reception, antenna, etc, etc.   

Fwiw.....

Sjames
I've been here awhile

Thanks Dataink

I have Roger's Ignite Total package and it's up to Rogers to figure this out I pay good money for the package, I'm trying to see if there would be a reason maybe I should ask them to send a tech with a new TV modem  I think it's a location issue

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation