cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming codes for Large Button Voice Remote with Pioneer TV and Audio Receiver

RT1225
I've been here awhile

Recently I received a Large Button Voice Remote from Rogers because we were not satisfied with the small buttons on the otherwise excellent XR-15 Voice Remote.  When I went to program it using the on-line instructions I was unable to find codes for the Pioneer Elite Plasma TV Panel (PRO-1140HD) nor the Pioneer Audio Receiver (VSX-82TX5):

https://www.rogers.com/support/iptv/how-to-use-large-button-remote-ignite-tv

I called Rogers for support and they eventually found some codes they suggested to try for the TV, but they only worked on the Audio Receiver.  That was all they could do for me.  I looked online at the Comcast Xfinity site and found the codes I needed for my new remote:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes

For me, the TV panel used 10679 and the Audio Receiver used 31935 or 31023. 

The mystery is why Rogers would not have these codes on their own site or at least have access to them on line.

Anyway, the new remote is working perfectly now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Programming codes for Large Button Voice Remote with Pioneer TV and Audio Receiver

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you go to the website, click on setup, click TV, you are presented with the option to type in the brand.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Programming codes for Large Button Voice Remote with Pioneer TV and Audio Receiver

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just as an FYI, I usually go to the URC Support website below:

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/rogers-xr15/?product-provider=365  Click Setup:

The codes are the same for most of the remotes, so had you gone to the XR15 remote, you could have programmed your Pioneer devices since the codes you found were the first in the line of options.

P.S. I usually say that I don't know the model number of the device (only the manufacturer) and then you'll get a complete list of options to try.  This can be very helpful for various manufacturers that are made for them by other manufacturers.  This has been very helpful for say Yamaha...

RT1225
I've been here awhile

I agree that is an excellent place to get the information, but it does not show the Pioneer brand at all.  I guess there are not a lot of them still in service but we still find our plasma screen to be excellent.  For some reason Comcast has the Pioneer brand in their list, so I got the codes there.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you go to the website, click on setup, click TV, you are presented with the option to type in the brand.

RT1225
I've been here awhile

Oh, I missed that!  It does come up with a number that way. Thanks very much for this solution!

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 in conversation