cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Box won't List All Devices of other Boxes in House

what3
I'm here a lot

I had four ignite TV boxes installed on the same day. One box was having connection issues so they replaced that one box a day later. However, now that one box is not picking up my other boxes in the house and vice versa. How do I get the new, late installed box to pair up with the other boxes in the house?

***Edited Labels***

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Ignite TV Box won't List All Devices of other Boxes in House

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@what3 : On the "problem" box, go to Rogers - Settings - Preferences - General - Display recordings on - "All Devices".

what3
I'm here a lot
I did what you suggested and it was already set as "all devices". None of the other three boxes in my house even recognize this box that I've named with a personal name, and my box is not recognizing any of the other boxes that I've set with a personal name. I set personal names to make sure it's not just the generic listing room titles, and it's not picking up the other boxes and none of them are picking up this new box. It's like this box is completely a standalone box that has zero connection to any of the other boxes in the house.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are all boxes on the same Network?  Rogers - Settings - Device Settings - Network

Have you tried "Synch DVR"?  Rogers - Settings - Device Settings - Synch DVR.

How about - Rogers - Saved - Recordings - Up arrow - Recorded on - All Devices.

what3
I'm here a lot
I tried to synch and I tried the saved recordings and none of that changed anything. On the saved recorded all devices, it's not showing the other three boxes.
That is one thing to note that they thought it was a weak connection so the one thing that did change is now the modem is an ethernet connection to this new replaced box and that is the only box obviously that is doing that and that is a new change since he came this morning. I don't know if that has anything to do with anything and so when I went to the network all it said is this box is on the ethernet connection so I don't know what it was normally saying there but that's what it's saying now.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Reboot the box?  (unplug/replug)

Reboot the Gateway? 

Using the Home Connect App go to Overview - Restart. After clicking Restart, don't do anything for 10 minutes. It should come back in about 6 minutes.

Disconnect the Ethernet temporarily to see if it's on the same network?  You may need to reboot again after reconnecting the Ethernet.

what3
I'm here a lot
I did everything you suggested and nothing has worked. I even took the modem ethernet connection away and had it try to boot without it. It did say that that was a weak connection so now I put back the ethernet connection and I've tried rebooting everything on and off as you suggested above. It's very frustrating. I don't know why it will not read those other boxes and that was one of the things I liked about ignite TV you could watch your shows on any TV no matter where they were recorded I do appreciate your trying to help.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks for trying. Did you happen to notice whether the box was on the same network name as the other boxes when you had it on (weak) WiFi?

It is possible you have a bad box...

Wait until tomorrow and if you still have issues, try one more Gateway restart and box reboot, then contact Rogers...

what3
I'm here a lot
You are correct. I just noticed what you mean exactly. All of my three boxes that are connected are saying the same family last name as the network. However the new box that they installed does say ethernet connection as the network. I don't know how to select my family name as the true network that that box should be on. In other words how do I change ethernet connection to the family name network to get this box on the same network?

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Are the other 2 boxes connected via wifi? If so then that is your Wifi SSID name. When TV box is connected via ethernet then no name is applicable and it just says ethernet.

When box is connected via Wifi then it says the SSID it is connected to.

Take the bad box and disconnect the ethernet and then see what is says. It should say the name of the Wifi network, guessing the Family name.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Two more things to try.

1. Using the Home Connect app, does the problem box show up there?  Start the app go to WiFi, scroll down to see the devices.  Click on the device if it's there and try troubleshoot and device details.

2. What happens if you move the problem box to the location of one of the working boxes temporarily. Take your remotes with the boxes since they're paired.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@what3 wrote:
 In other words how do I change ethernet connection to the family name network to get this box on the same network?

By removing the Ethernet cable and rebooting the box. That's why I asked that in previous posts.  If it "works" even if the connection is weak, leave it that way for a while.

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation