cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdated price increase to Crave/my Ignite TV package

SLM333
I've been here awhile

I decided to go with Rogers and its offer on Ignite TV including Crave etc. for two years.  I was told what the costs would be for the next two years.  The cost of Crave was raised by $2 per month (10% increase) on the July bill and this was backdated for the prior two months to nearly the time when I began the package.  I was really angry at this deception as no announcement was ever made of a price increase.  Can I complain to the CRTC about this - it is one thing to raise the price but another thing to deceptively backdate the increase with no warning.  I complained to Rogers support and they did nothing (someone called when I was not at home and left a message and said to call if I needed further assistance-they do nothing in the first place so the message was rather dishonest/disengenuous.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Backdated price increase to Crave/my Ignite TV package

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@SLM333 The "two year price guarantee" applies only to the TV/Internet base bundle, not Theme Packs.  As for the Crave price increase, you would have been advised about this on your bill.  Here's the notice from my April bill:

Upcoming change to your Crave subscription

The monthly rate of your Crave subscription will increase by $2.05/mo (plus applicable taxes) on your first bill on or after April 22, 2024.

For any questions or if you no longer wish to subscribe to Crave, please reach out to us in any of the ways listed in the Contact Us section of this bill.

Re: Backdated price increase to Crave/my Ignite TV package

SLM333
I've been here awhile

Hello

I do not recall seeing that message on my April bill.  When I signed on to Rogers, the billing charges were laid out quire clearly and implied they would be those amounts for the next two years.  If there is something in the fine print that says otherwise re theme packs etc. then it should have been set out VERY clearly/flagged in some place on the original contract not buried someplace obscure.  This is a pretty poor business practice on Rogers part.

Thank you 

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation