cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IGNITE WEATHER CHANNEL

hiho
I'm an enthusiast

Got ignite tv a few weeks back and i cant figure out how to get the weather channel to give me my local weather like i used to get, now i get weather for areas that are south of me by 50 or so miles which is no help at all.

**Labels Added**

11 REPLIES 11

Re: IGNITE WEATHER CHANNEL

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

The Weather Network is channel 23 or say "weather" in your ignite voice remote and get text on the screen, search for your locality or region, also can add other regions for this selection as well.

hiho
I'm an enthusiast

K i checked 23 and thats not the weather channel on my ignite its cbcnews network

17 is the weather network that i have and cant see a way to change it to local weather

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

You can't select anything. It should be showing local forecast unless it does not know your local. It is not an app that you can select anything.

Mine is on 23 so I guess yours is at a different channel. Mine is showing my local london forecast.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1. If you say "Weather Network" into the voice command remote, it should take you directly to that channel. That will give the weather for your area, but not necessarily your exact location.

2. If you say "Weather App" into the voice command remote, it should bring up an overlay (may take a second or two) and it should show the weather for now, for tomorrow and also give you the option of the extended forecast.  With the overlay on screen you can also add a different location.

3. If you want the best weather possible, use one of the weather apps for your device or computer (available for android or Apple). You can then have the app give you weather for your exact location, including alerts, etc.  I use Apple's weather app which is often preloaded or easily downloaded from the Apple store. I also use the The Weather Network app on my devices, as well as The Weather Network link on my computer browser.  Again, you can have these provide alerts regarding snow, rain, etc. if you configure them to do so.

hiho
I'm an enthusiast

Those are all great ideas but when i got the new improved ignite i decided that the voice option was just one more complicated thing to use .before i got ignight all my wife had to do since she is not a computer person was turn on her tv go to the weather channel and all was good . now we have to jump through hoops to get something simple like a weather app for someone who dosnt use a computer of any kind so the only way to get local weather is start using the voice or dl an app and when she wants to know the weather she will have to ask me to check it?

just gottal love this new improved ignight . that we were forced into getting when the old tv/internet was perfecally fine and suited all my needs perfectly.

o ya forgot only have windows  no cell no tablets which is anothe prob if you want to use parts of the ignite ie: wifi modem setup for some stuff.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Your weather network channel should be showing your local weather forecast. If it isn't then I don't know why it is not.

IMHO using the voice on your ignite remote uncomplicates all task for watching/searching/utilizing Ignite TV. Just press the voice button and say what you want. Searching is easy, no need to go through an onscreen keyboard attempting to type some search word. Voice button, say "Johnny Depp". Viola it searches for Johnny Depp shows. Say "Fox" and it changes the channel to Fox network. Say "Christmas Vacation" and it finds the movie whether it is now showing TV, upcoming schedule, on demand, available in one of the apps on the Ignite box (Netflix, prime Video...etc, BTW even if you do not subscribe to them, which it shouldn't IMHO).

And as mentioned just say "weather" and it brings up an overlay where you can add various localities to see the weather.

Using voice commands is easier than a computer. Give it a try, is easy.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hiho wrote:

...all my wife had to do since she is not a computer person was turn on her tv go to the weather channel

Once you find the channel for the Weather Network (by searching the guide or using the voice command), there will be no difference with IgniteTV. Simply tune to that channel number.  That channel should provide the same information as before, but if it doesn't and is not correct for your area, you'll need to contact Rogers to get it fixed, if it can be fixed, depending on your location.  The TV channel is not as accurate as say an app for a computer or tablet or cell phone since they have location services if enabled.  

As stated by @Biollw using the voice command is very easy for most people and simplifies, not complicates matters.  It is obviously up to you whether you and/or your wife use this very powerful and useful feature.

If you're willing to use the voice command and get to the Weather App overlay, then you may be able to programme in your exact location, or at least one closer to you.

There is another option which doesn't use Voice Commands.  Go to Rogers - Apps - scroll down to daily life - select The Weather Network.  You are then presented with options for live TV or "your Weather", etc.  In the Your Weather section, I was able to programme in my particular area in Toronto and make it my default in the app (various areas of Toronto are available separately, so I programmed in my area similar to a bookmark on the web version).  You can also get there by saying "Weather Network App", so you now have 3 options on your TV for getting weather: (Channel, App Overlay, App)

hiho
I'm an enthusiast

K tried the app weather network and it wouldnt load then went to 17 and its totally useless for my area..i cant belive that with all the new improved changes that getting local weather on my tv like i have done for yrs is such a hassle

hiho
I'm an enthusiast

o and i forgot your idea contact rogers and they will change it ya right have you ever tried calling rogers tech support to supposedly get something that they should be able to do simply and spend hours going through several tech support peeps and finally just giving up cause 9 times out of 10 they havent got a clue as to what you need help with

rick099
I've been around

Once I get the location changed in the Weather Network App how do I get it to be the default location for my Weather Network channel?     What are the steps to back out of the App and have my location the default location?

Hi @rick099, welcome to the Community!

Check out the Weather App on Ignite TV page for more info. 

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 in conversation