How to set wifi channel on Technicolor XB6 ?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: How to set wifi channel on Technicolor XB6 ?

You lose the option to set the channel when you use the phone app. As suggested above, reset the modem to factory defaults and do not use the phone app.
RoyK
I've Been Around

Rogers will say anything to get you off the phone. I called in and they have to send a technician out. Online technician could not find any way to change the channels. I see about 8 other users on the same 2.4G and 5G channels as me. I pay for Gigibit service and often am getting 0.56Mbps download and 1.52Mbps upload speeds. Pinging the modem's gateway often results in average latency of 358ms. When I switch to a direct Ethernet connection to the same modem, same time frame, I get an average latency of 1ms. Direct connection also gets me over 490Mpps down and over 32Mbpps upload speeds. The WiFi on this modem is horrible and I am shocked Rogers locked us out of being able to fix issues ourselves.
barry_smith53
I've Been Around

Trying to gain access to the ignite modem to check what channel it is on? I am going to http://10.0.0.1 it brings up a sign on page but I put in admin then paasword and it comes back failed what am I doing wrong
RogersMoin

Hello, @barry_smith53.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for posing your login concern in the Community. 

If you have used the Ignite WiFi Hub app to set up the modem, then the password to the modem's login could be your WiFi password. Have you tried your WiFi password to login into the modem?

Please keep us posted. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Charlie_Victor
I've Been Around

Same here.

What is the password associated with this modem?  It isn't my Rogers account password, that is for sure. It also isn't my wifi access password either.

Will I have to call tech support?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Charlie_Victor  The default admin password on the XB6 is "password".  (I think that the password only gets changed to your WiFi password if you use the mobile app to install your service... but I'm not 100% sure about this since I have never used the WiFi Hub mobile app.)