cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do PODs get firmware updates?

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor

I see that there are firmware updates from the manufacturer, does Rogers ever update these?  

https://support.plume.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001797928-Pod-Device-Release-Notes

Thank you,

*** Edited Labels ***

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Do PODs get firmware updates?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I don't know for sure but the Pods may actually get updates directly from Plume.  As far as I know, the Pods connect and send data to back-end systems at Plume so that Plume, in turn, can provide dashboards (and other services) to their customers, such as Rogers.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
It would be nice to hear from a Roger employee on this.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats a very good question.

Not 100% sure on the plume pods..

But I do know that the EERO pods do take/do firmware updates.
So I wouldnt see why they wouldnt do it for the plume ones as well.

EEEHo
I plan to stick around

From what I can see Rogers pods do not get updates automatically, I just checked my pods firmware is 2.2.1-38 and can see there are 9 newer updates base on the PLUME link from the initial post.

I will do some chat with tech support on Monday and try to post update if I can get some answers.

EEEHo
I plan to stick around

Just finish chatting with tech support they say PODS do get firmware update automatically just like the modem.

They said my PODS have the latest firmware already 2.2.1-38-gpm3.9s6-2019090521345.

They said the PODS from Rogers are from Comcast.

Hamwood
I've been around
They don't look the same as plume pods from Cogeco

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Hamwood wrote:
They don't look the same as plume pods from Cogeco

Plume has released several (4 or 5?) different versions of their Pods over the years.  I don't know what specific hardware that Cogeco ships to their customers.

With Rogers, the Ignite gateway is the primary node in the WiFi mesh and the Pods run custom firmware that was developed for Comcast.

I believe that Cogeco deploys standard Plume hardware with a SuperPod as the hub node in their WiFi mesh, and Cogeco customers manage their WiFi using Plume's app.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation