cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Alexa to Rogers Ignite TV

Mobius187
I've been here awhile

Is there a way to connect Alexa (i.e. Amazon Echo Spot) to control the Rogers Ignite Entertainment Box (for the TV). By control I am hoping to be able to detect if the TV is on/off and turn the TV on/off (minimum). I would love if I could somehow control the channel selection remotely through Alexa. I was curious because the Rogers Ignite includes a voice remote so I wondered if there was any compatibility built into Roger Ignite for voice control and/or smart home connectivity.

***ADDED LABELS***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Connecting Alexa to Rogers Ignite TV

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mobius187 wrote:

Is there a way to connect Alexa (i.e. Amazon Echo Spot) to control the Rogers Ignite Entertainment Box (for the TV).

No, not that I am aware of.  As far as I know, there has not been any successful direct integration between an Amazon Echo and a Rogers Ignite (or Xfinity) TV set-top box.

Others have tried using an intermediary device (e.g. Amazon Fire TV Cube, Harmony Hub, Control4 home automation system, etc.) that can interface with both an Amazon Echo device and the Ignite STB.  However, without a suitable Alexa skill to complete the integration, these attempts seem to have fallen flat.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Connecting Alexa to Rogers Ignite TV

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mobius187 wrote:

Is there a way to connect Alexa (i.e. Amazon Echo Spot) to control the Rogers Ignite Entertainment Box (for the TV).

No, not that I am aware of.  As far as I know, there has not been any successful direct integration between an Amazon Echo and a Rogers Ignite (or Xfinity) TV set-top box.

Others have tried using an intermediary device (e.g. Amazon Fire TV Cube, Harmony Hub, Control4 home automation system, etc.) that can interface with both an Amazon Echo device and the Ignite STB.  However, without a suitable Alexa skill to complete the integration, these attempts seem to have fallen flat.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation