cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite recording on one channel only?

jmckee
I've been here awhile

I've been trying to record all episodes of a TV show that I usually watch on CBC. When I set up the timer, my Ignite box ends up recording all episodes of that particular show on every channel that broadcasts it, including the described audio channel AmiTV and French channels, which I don't want. Is there a way to set the timer to record from CBC only? I know this is possible with Bell, but I can't figure out how to do with Ignite.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ignite recording on one channel only?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Go into your scheduled recordings and select the recording - select Record Options - Modify - All Episodes, scroll down to "Channels" and select the channel instead of say "HD Preferred". There is usually an option for a specific channel, but not always.

You should be able to do the same thing when scheduling the recording initially, but as I say, not always.

jmckee
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the reply, 57. Unfortunately, the only options in "Channels" are "HD Preferred" or "SD Preferred". It looks like I'm stuck recording every episode of the series on all channels.

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
I don't have Ignite TV, but use the Search function at the top of this page, and read the thread entitled: Issues with shows recording more than once

You'll notice that although there are still many bugs with recording, you might be able to get closer to what you want, simply by deleting your set recordings for that CBC show, and then using the Guide to set your recording ... So that you should then be able to pick what CBC channel you want to specifically record.

You should probably read that entire thread to see what other nonsense you'll be dealing with.🚧🚨🚑⚠️

BLW
I plan to stick around

There is a way to deal with this issue that might work.  When you set your record options, set  a maximum number to keep that will make sure you don't end up with many copies of the same program.  For example, we record the national news every day, and it's on multiple times on different channels.  But we set the record option to only keep 3, and it keeps the most recent, so we never have more than that sitting on recorded.   That should also work for weekly shows provided that you keep reasonably up to date on watching.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jmckee wrote:

Thanks for the reply, 57. Unfortunately, the only options in "Channels" are "HD Preferred" or "SD Preferred". 

I keep forgetting that people use many different ways to schedule recordings. Here's a direct link to the post that should help.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Issues-with-shows-recording-more-then-once/m-p/46937...

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 in conversation