cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud PVR Storage Limit

richerfamily
I've been here awhile

What happens when ignite tv recordings reaches 100%?

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cloud PVR Storage Limit

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When you reach 200 hours of recordings, the oldest recordings will be deleted first.  See the following link. Note that there is also a one year time limit.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/recording-with-ignite-tv#!%23

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When you reach 200 hours of recordings, the oldest recordings will be deleted first.  See the following link. Note that there is also a one year time limit.

ColdGranite
I'm a senior contributor

Other threads have complained about the 1-year limit, especially since there is already effectively a SPACE limit, so what is the rationale for a time limit....  

BUT.... what is the rationale for "locking" a recording, once it has been downloaded to a device for off-line viewing?

And that it has to be "returned" before it can viewed via TV again?

Does that not defeat the whole idea of "whole home" access? 

@CommunityHelps:  This seems to be a totally arbitrary and useless restriction, and I would suggest that  you should lobby for its removal.

How ,many hours of 4K TV is it possible to record in Ignite TV?

All the literature says "up to 200 hours of HD and 4K recordings". Given that 4K shows should have a bigger file size than HD shows, how many hours of 4K TV can you record?

We still have a NEXTBOX that records 200 hours of HD content, and generally it is at least 85% full during college football season. We record 15-20 HD games a week and watch them over the course of the week. I am worried that if we switch to ignite some of the games will be in 4K and that our 200 hours will fill up and it will not be possible to record all of the games.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@TamiP : IgniteTV cloud recordings are not limited by hard disk size like the NextBox(es).  When it says up to 200 hours, it means 200 hours.  It's that simple.

Here's the link again from post 2 of this thread, to which your post may have been moved.  Remember, these recordings are stored in the cloud, not in a device at your home.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

There won't be 4k football games. About the only 4k sports is when the jays play at home in Toronto.

19Sully67
I've been here awhile

Hello. Since I can't reply in that specifically or your tastes in programming,  Just kidding, football....not a fan. What I can tell you is, whoever told you that you get 200 hours of recording with a single or dual tuner NextBox,PVR with Rogers, were sadly mistaken. The amount of space in time doesn't apply to PVR's, that particular PVR set top box has a 500gb hard drive, and no matter what quality the recordings are in, SD, HD, 4K or so on or a mix, when the 500gb drive is full, it's full. Even if the last show on it isn't done recording and it's only 1/2 way, then that's what you get for the last one, 1/2 way, unless you know ahead of time and delete something and delete it out of the deleted items, because that uses space as well.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 in conversation