cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled service - what do I return?

dfm
I've been around

I recently switched from Rogers. Got an asking for their Ignite TV box to be sent back, but no mention of their modem or remote control unit. Do they not want it all back? Don't know whether to throw this othewr stuff out or mail it back. Anyone know?

Thanks, 

***EDITED LABELS***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Cancelled service - what do I return?

Terrilinda
I've been around

I have equipment I’ve been trying to return for a month now.  How does it get packaged when Rogers refuses to send a box. When I returned my bell equipment I had a box delivered to return the equipment.  I don’t have anything nearby to get a box. It’s a 30 min drive to anywhere close and the store doesn’t accept them.  

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Terrilinda  Bell sent you a box??  They would not send me one when I had to return a ton of Fibe TV equipment and only one return label.

To return Rogers equipment, just get a box from the store the next time you buy groceries.  Also, do yourself a HUGE favour and DO NOT delay returning the equipment or else you will get charged non-return fees, and then late fees if you do not pay your bills, and then it will take multiple billing cycles and multiple calls to Rogers to get your bill down to a zero balance so that your account can get closed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Depending on the Rogers store, they will accept returns and provide you with a return receipt. Always call ahead and get the name of the person you're talking to.  If you don't return the equipment you will be charged for it, or charged monthly fees, or other charges.  Always get documentation regarding your return as it may be needed in the future.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I moved houses a while back and was told to ship my modem back to cancel the service but was not given any package or box.  I inquired with the closest rogers store, they were at the mall. They were very happy to take my modem back.  They documented everything and gave me a return receipt for my records in the event that I am billed for non-return fees.  Thankfully the return was processed promptly because I did not procrastinate and did it the very next day instead of waiting a month to do it.   No surprise fees or anything, just  smooth service.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It's good to hear that some Rogers stores are accepting equipment returns again.  (According to this Support page, they do not.)

You will also find that you get a different level of support from the (usually larger) corporate-owned Rogers stores vs those that are independently owned and operated.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation