cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fax with hp all in one

kl21
I've been here awhile

I have a HP MFP 276 all in one printer and would like to know how to connect it to the rogers ignite home phone so that it can send fax.  I tried connecting it to the back of the Router but it doesn't work.  

7 REPLIES 7

Re: fax with hp all in one

Lurker_Returns
I'm a reliable contributor
Just to confirm that you have Rogers Home Phone, correct?

If so you should be able to plug the phone output of the printer to the phone jack on the back of the Ignite modem. You should be able to test if you have a dial tone via your printer.

kl21
I've been here awhile

yes I do have Rogers Home Phone.  I did unplug the phone jack from the back of the Ignite modem and plugged in the wire from the All in one printer and it still doesn't work the error message printout says an active phone line was not detected.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Make sure you are plugging the jack that says LINE on your multi function printer to the port that says Tel 1 on your ignite gateway modem. There is also a port called Tel on fax machines you do not want to use that one as it's only for an extension handset.

kl21
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the reply.  On the printer everything is plugged in right and it did work before I switched over to Rogers home phone from Bell.  I just unplugged the other end from the wall outlet and plugged into the Ignite modem to Tel 1.  Does fax work with Rogers as I have heard that its a hit and miss with VOIP line.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
When I had Rogers Home Phone I was able to fax just fine. The problem you have is that your Fax Machine does NOT detect a Dial tone, which is why its saying active phone line was not detected.

This kind of error message is likely means a telephone cable is faulty, or not plugged in all the way or the cable is working intermittently. It can also mean the Tel port on the Rogers ignite modem may be faulty or the Line port on the Fax machine may be loose or faulty or not connected properly.

Try checking all those things. The best thing to do is plug an extension phone in the fax machine and see if you get a dial tone, if you get a dial tone on the extension, that means the fax machine will get the same dial tone and will work with it

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

I have Roger's Ignite Home phone and have a multi-function Brother MFC-9440n and can fax with no problems.

fisherman888
I've been around

I have the same printer and the same problem. I checked the phone line (upper jacket for extension) and it works for the phone but NOT the fax. 

An active phone line was not detected.

I tried everything mentioned mentioned by other posters but it didn't work

Is this an issue with HP Laser Pro 200 color MFP 276 ONLY?

Is there is solution for this problem?

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation