cuddlesmurphy57
I've been here awhile

I am not able to make a call from my home phone #

***Edited Labels***

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Rogers Ignite Home Phone Issue

mercierpa8
I've been here awhile

I am having the same problem. Any outgoing calls ring busy and incoming calls go straight to voicemail. Waiting for a callback from w technician between 1 and a half and 2 and a half hours. Great service!!!

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ignite Home Phone is down for me as well.  Rebooting the XB6 gateway did not fix the problem.

I'm having the same problem exactly.

mercierpa8
I've been here awhile

I spoke to a technician and apparently the problem is all over the network. They are working on it and will send me a text when it's fixed. Will keep you posted!

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ignite Home Phone started working for me again a few hours ago.  Before that, I could not make or receive calls.

mercierpa8
I've been here awhile
Same here, phone back up and running!

Qball2k
I've been here awhile

Wednesday, October 21 @ 6:55 PM Ottawa time and I'm having the same issue.

glendavid
I've been here awhile

In the last week, sporadically, the Ignite home phone goes right to Voicemail after barely one ring. Other times, it works fine.

My first thought, of course, is to restart the Gateway, unless someone has a better solution?

Thanks

DAVID

Good evening,

Thanks for your posts! Sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with your Ignite Home Phone. We certainly want to help address and resolve them.

@Qball2k - Is it still happening today? What @glendavid suggested is the first thing to do. Have you tried restarting the gateway?

@glendavid - We would need more information from you to further assist. You mentioned encoutering the issue over the course of the last week. Did you notice when it occurs? Is it resolved now or it happens at sporadic times?

Please keep us posted. Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

Qball2k
I've been here awhile

The issue has been occurring off and on over the last few days.  I rebooted the modem as well as affirmed that the physical connections of the phone were fine.  I tried calling the technical support from a non-rogers cell phone but the quoted wait time was 56 minutes to an hour an a half so I wasn't able to stay on the line.  When I tried to forward my calls online to my cellphone, I received an error message that states "Sorry, we’re not able to display your info. We’re working to fix the issue".  That has been going on for the last 5 days.  It made me suspect that it was a network issue.

A friend of mine suggested to NEVER use the answering service because you cannot call out until you delete all messages !! I made sure not to activate my answering service as I have one on my cordless phone.

Ric-
I'm here a lot

THE BIGGEST problem with home phone is that if you go to Ignite you MUST use ignite home phone. In my regular home phone I had 500 min a month for international calls . NOW I have none. to be sure I can pay the $20.00 extra and have calls to some countries but none are on the list of the free ones.

Obviously the 500 free offer I had for years was too expensive so Rogers simply deprives us of the service.

Next problem is if the internet goes down you lose your phone service.

The legacy phone service had a direct connection NOT depending on the internet AND was backed up by a battery. when I pointed this out to the agent I was told to simply use my cell phone !! REALLY ?? I am expected to prvide a BACKUP Phone to be assured of good service ??? welcome to the 21st century.

What many of the millennial Customer Service folks do not know is that conventional  hard wired home phone which only comes from BELL in my area is REQUIRED under law to be UP for 99.9% of the time. In other words unless the cable is cut they MUST provide service all the time. Now we have VOIP phones that have NO SUCH REQUIREMENTS. For all you children out there,,,please tell me how the new system is any better ?????

Fellow customers we are getting SCREWED by our providers and trust me BELL is no better. In the end all the providers culd care less about you and I the customers SO I constantly remind the CS agents that they ONLY exist because YOU and I buy the Rogers service.

For all you experts out there here is my problem. I have been forced to switch to Ignite home phone so must send back the modem and other equipment. There are TWO cables associated with the home phone. One goes to the modem and the other goes to a small device that plugs into an outlet. If I remove the second device my internet goes DEAD.  I have called Rogers but as usual the C.AS. Agents have no idea what is going on. Am having a service person out today, Hopefully, IF he is trained, he can tell me why I cannot remove this device.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Ric- wrote:

For all you experts out there here is my problem. I have been forced to switch to Ignite home phone so must send back the modem and other equipment. There are TWO cables associated with the home phone. One goes to the modem and the other goes to a small device that plugs into an outlet. If I remove the second device my internet goes DEAD.  I have called Rogers but as usual the C.AS. Agents have no idea what is going on. Am having a service person out today, Hopefully, IF he is trained, he can tell me why I cannot remove this device.

If you can provide us with the make/model number of the "small device", we can tell you what it is.

My first guess would be that it is a powered splitter/amplifier.  They typically also have a special port for connecting a voice modem that still works when the power goes out.  I don't think that you need to return it.  That device will have a power output marking on it.  If it is a 0dB gain device, you won't need it anymore.  You can either connect the incoming cable service directly into your Ignite modem -or- connect the incoming cable feed directly to the line that feeds your modem's wall jack using an F81 "barrel connector".  (Rogers can provide you with one of those free of charge.)

raj89
I've been around
My home phone giving busy tone constantly and unable to receive calls

Qball2k
I've been here awhile

I would suggest rebooting your modem and if that doesn't work, it's probably a system issue that should be reported to Rogers.  Hope this helps.

ColdGranite
I'm a senior contributor

@raj89 wrote:
My home phone giving busy tone constantly and unable to receive calls

Is it a "fast" busy?  or just a regular "busy"?

Things to try:

1.  If you have extensions, pull them all out and try one phone at a time separately.  If it is a faulty handset, you may find which one.

2.  Try the handsets plugged directly into the gateway.  Try both TEL ports on the gateway.

If a handset works directly on the gateway, but not as an extension in the wall, then your house wiring is possibly shorted/faulty.

3.  Last resort, Call Rogers. Somehow. 

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 10 in conversation