cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Home Phone Drops Calls

PCDoctor
I plan to stick around

At least 20 Ignite Home Phone customers in our community are experiencing unexpected call drops or audio cutoff on calls they are receiving on a regular basis (2 or 3 per week).  Most initially suspected their wireless phone equipment but the problem now appears to be with the Home Phone service itself.  The drops are brief and a callback usually solves the disruption on that occasion.  During the drops TV service does not appear to be affected.  Customers having this problem are using both the black and the white version of the modem/router.  Our community is located in Ballantrae Ontario (Hwy 48 and Aurora Road).  Are other areas experiencing this problem?

**Labels Added**

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ignite Home Phone Drops Calls

RogersTony

Hello, @PCDoctor

Thank you for posting your concern to the community.

I know how important it is to have a properly working home phone. We appreciate all of the details you've provided thus far. We have not been advised of a know issue with the home phone service.

We will need a few more details before we can determine what is happening.

• Do you recall if you or any of your affected neighbours have attempted a reboot of the modem since noticing this issue? 
  • When did you first notice this was happening? 
  • Is it happening on both incoming and outgoing calls?

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersTony

PCDoctor
I plan to stick around

Thanks for your reply .... the number of Ignite customers reporting Home Phone drop problems has now risen to over 40 in our community after I sent an email to our community Computer Club members.  In a group that large, I can assume some have re-booted their routers in an attempt to rectify the problem.  Some mentioned they experience the problem more on incoming calls (both local and long distance.

Question:  Would a 5 to 10 second drop of the Internet connection between the router and the head-end result in a dropped call while Ignite TV would maintain the picture and sound due to buffering?  Is there any buffering on Home Phone calls?

Al

Good day @PCDoctor,

We appreciate you took the time to bring this up to our attention and apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

If you still experience issue with your Ignite home phone, please feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

RogersMaude

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Did the 20 customers on your street all call in to report the home phone technical issue?  just because the problem exists does not always mean the provider is aware of such problem, also the provider can not trust hearsay to be told 20 neighbours are experiencing problems, the providers must hear directly from each of the 20 neighbours by having each one of them call in themselves to report it,  well not all 20 have to report it, but if a good chunk of people report it, it will be a high priority repair

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation