cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home & Away Voicemail ONLINE-VOICEMAIL LOGIN

sandy154
I've been here awhile

I can never log onto this.  Can anyone?

Rogers should not be advertising features that do not work.

I really wan to set up my 96 yo mom's  Ignite home phone so that every call that is not friends/family goes to vmail and the vmail is sent by text or email to me.  She can't hear and we're missing important calls but she's also at risk of being scammed 

PS - 30 friends and family are not near enough

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Home & Away Voicemail ONLINE-VOICEMAIL LOGIN

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sandy154 : It just worked fine for me (about 30 minutes ago).  I used the following link:

https://onlinevoicemail.rogers.com/

You need the correct phone number and PIN.  I have the following additional comments:

1. I have selected to send all VM messages to my e-mail address.  This works well worldwide and I've been using it for many years.

2. I see there is an option to have VM sent via SMS.

3. I don't believe you can "select" which VM messages get sent.  

4. Spammers usually don't leave VM, so you shouldn't end up with too many messages that you don't want and they are easy enough to delete.

5. If you're talking about Home & Away Online Manager, When I tried using it a few years back, I found it to be useless and most of the functions don't work.  I just tried getting to it and could not.

https://www.rogers.com/support/home-phone/what-is-home-and-away-online-manager

6. Occasionally you may get a message that Online VM is not available. I believe this happens after 12:00AM, possibly due to maintenance. Try it at a different time.

7. You may wish to set up your mom's out-going message to have people call you instead of (or in addition to) leaving a message on her VM?  

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

<6. Occasionally you may get a message that Online VM is not available. I believe this happens after 12:00AM, possibly due to maintenance. Try it at a different time.>

It is now 9.45 am and I get the not available message. Only one thing the VM mamanger is good for and that is sending VM to email. 

sandy154
I've been here awhile

Thank you for your reply

I do have the phone number and PIN

I have tried the link above from Chrome and Edge.  I've tried 2 slight variations of it, too:  the link from MyRogers and the link the service tech sent me.  And interestingly, while I was having an active chat with her, that link worked.  Since then, it has not worked.  I've tried from logged in to MyRogers and from not logged in  to MyRogers (tech chat asked me to try this.

When I was logged in that single time, I managed to add my email for vmails to be sent to.  So, hurray for that bit of progress.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw wrote: 1 It is now 9.45 am and I get the not available message. 2. Only one thing the VM mamanger is good for and that is sending VM to email. 

1. I logged in twice this morning and a couple of times before midnight.  I don't use the Online VM much (perhaps twice a year) but I've only once not been able to login and that was last night after midnight.  Weird.

2. You're right about that. Once it's set up, there's not much need for it.  I use it once in a while to see if it's working and I've also used it once or twice when my e-mail was down for whatever reason.

3. I mostly use Chrome on a Mac Mini when home, or MacBook Air when travelling.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation