cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone Not Working

laforan
I've been around

Hi i live on King George hwy , Miramichi ,N B and have not home phone service since last nite at 5:00 . it started acting up on Thursday but went completely dead last evening . What is wrong .. this is crazy !!!!!!!

27 REPLIES 27

Re: Home Phone Not Working

Peter17
I've been here awhile

Ignite works for television and internet but has too many issues for the home phone. Whenever the phone rings the phones clock goes ahead by 15 minutes ( Rogers says that it is working on this problem, which is effecting many customers ). Second thing, sometimes calls do not come through. The Rogers technician blamed my telephone and had me replace all my home phones. The problem still persists with my new phones. Now Rogers is sending out a senior technician to take a look at this problem.

Cathy33
I've been here awhile

Our community has had no home phone service for nearly 24hrs.  And nobody seems to know why.  I cant seem to get an answer

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Cathy33 wrote:

Our community has had no home phone service for nearly 24hrs.  

And which community would that be? There have been outages for Rogers customers reported throughout Ontario, but most have not lasted that long.  Here's a link to outages:

https://downdetector.ca/status/rogers

My Internet and Phone was down for a few minutes around 11:05AM on Friday, but it was back up in about 5-10 minutes.  Other people have also reported similar sporadic outages, but not something lasting as long as yours...

Dav6
I've been around
I haven't had home phone service for almost a month, when I call out I get a busy signal and when someone calls in they get a message saying that I am not available. I've called support several times and no one has been able to tell me what's wrong, and I'm having serious doubts about the reliability of this service.

Hello and welcome to the Community @Dav6,

Loss of service can be really inconvenient, Have you had a tech come out and take a look at the service?

We can take a deeper look into this for you, please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps for further assistance. Not sure how our our Private Messaging system works? Click here to learn more. 

RogersZia

Our home phone is connected to a Touchstone telephony modem and whenever you pick it up all you hear a high pitched beep and when you call the nber, there's a voicemail saying that the user isn't taking any calls. It was working fine and yesterday and nothing happened physically to the phone in our house during that time.

Hello, @Sopharin.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. The home service is crucial; it can be quite inconvenient when you can't make or receive calls. Are the other services like the Internet and TV working fine for you?

We can look into resolving the issue for you; please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Regards,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats