cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I test if the phone rings and vibrates satisfactorily?

bogdanlazar
I plan to stick around

If I want to test if the phone initiates calls I can dial *611.

To test the ringtone and vibrations for SMS I can send from the internet a 2WAY Text message to my phone.

However, I do not know how to do the same test for incoming voice calls. Is it possible to make my phone ring without asking somebody to call me? 

***Added Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How can I test if the phone rings and vibrates satisfactorily?

Naeng
I plan to stick around

Why not use google hangout or some 3rd party ghost number via PC to call your own phone?

bogdanlazar
I plan to stick around

"Why not use google hangout or some 3rd party ghost number via PC to call your own phone?"

I do not know how to use the things indicated by you.

As a further explanation, I want a test call to my Rogers Number without being obliged to install on my WP8.1 phone some third party applications. At the same time, I do not want to give my number to an internet site, about which I do not know many things, because they can start to send some spam to my as TXT messages or Phone Calls from peoples proposing me various deals. I have a Pay As You Go Card with 100 CAN +TX. I do not pay more that 115 CAN / year. The spam can quickly drain my account.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bogdanlazar

Do you have any family members, friends or anyone close to you that can do this for you? Unfortunately those are your only options other then using a phone at a library or pay phone to make a call to your phone.

bogdanlazar
I plan to stick around

In this case I will search for a public phone and call my number.

I have a Nokia Lumia 520 with WP8.1.

For TXT messages it vibrates only a short while at the beginning of the ringtone which does not repeat no matter how short the duration of the sound is chosen. In noisy environments like on a busy street I do not hear the melody and the vibration interval is too short to feel the phone shacking in the pocket.

For incoming calls, I understand that there exists a workaround. A short duration ringtone is set for voice calls and as the phone rings and the tone repeats again and again the vibration will also repeat at the beginning of each cycle. (I have never got a call since I started to use this Nokia Lumia 520 so I do not know if this quick fix really works.)

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation