cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Failed

gp-se
I'm an advisor

Has anyone else been noticing lots of calls are failing? I live in Bradford and I've had my calls not dial out, then getting the message "call failed" on my iPhone. When I enable wifi calling the calls will go through, I'm assuming the towers and backhaul are getting hit hard right now with calls? Is Rogers planning on tuning the network because not everyone uses WiFi calling, and with everything going on right now being able to make calls is very important!

*** Edited Labels ***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Call Failed

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hopefully they CAN do something.. 
But if these towers, etc are at their MAX capacity..  there may not be a lot that they can do. 😞

(I think this is one reason why, they are not putting UNLIMITED/no overages on cell service right now.. would have even more people using all the time)

KyleStyle
I've been here awhile

Yep can't make calls at all currently (Toronto) and calls to me seem to give a 'customer unavailable' message. Can't call tech support as a result..

@KyleStyle wrote:

Yep can't make calls at all currently (Toronto) and calls to me seem to give a 'customer unavailable' message. Can't call tech support as a result..

@KyleStyle 

I cannot imagine what must be going on in a densely populated area like Toronto. Rogers should get the engineers to set bandwidth limits per device connected to the tower, so everyone can connect and not let one device hog all the bandwidth. Also I hope they prioritize voice/sms over data.

MKC91
I plan to stick around

Same thing happened to me yesterday.  I reported the issue via the MyRogers App and received  an automated response suggesting something was wrong with my phone, use DeviceAid to solve it.🙄

KyleStyle
I've been here awhile
Turning off VoLTE has worked for now but the issue is likely the high volume of phone usage from my area. Try it if you’re still having issues (under cellular data options.)
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation