cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 remotes for 1 Ignite box?

98765432l
I plan to stick around

It was suggested that I could go into a Rogers store and get a second remote for my Ignite box.  2 chairs in living room far apart, cannot share 1 remote.  When I had Bell, I could change channels with phone app, cannot with Rogers app.  

I asked in Rogers store but nobody knew if you can sync 2 remotes up to same box.  This is second box in basement.  They do sell remotes so I asked the guy, if my remote was broken, I would just bring it in and exchange it so why do you sell them.  That stumped him.  He said it must work then but couldn't verify it and said there was no refund if it didn't.  

Does anybody know, can you use 2 remotes on same box?

*** Added Labels ***

34 REPLIES 34

Re: 2 remotes for 1 Ignite box?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The URC website doesn't contain the correct (XR15) setup information either since their instructions tell you to use a non-existent setup button.

I've sent them feedback stating this fact and that they should update their website to include the correct information for the Rogers remote.  Others may wish to do the same.

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/rogers-xr15/

URC's website appears to be for an XR5 because that's what comes up when you download the OM.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Found this: ( I don't have a XR15 to test with)

XR15 Pairing Instructions Pair the XR15 Remote to an XFINITY X1 TV Box

To use your XR15 remote to control your XFINITY X1 TV Box, follow these steps:

1. Make sure the remote batteries are installed and your TV and TV Box are powered on.
  2. Set the TV input to the input connected to the XFINITY X1 TV Box.
  3. Press and hold the xfinity and Info buttons for five seconds. Wait for the remote light to change from red to green.
  4. Follow the instructions by entering the three-digit, on-screen pairing code.
  5. Once your remote is paired, follow the on-screen instructions to set up power, volume and input control for your TV.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

The URC website doesn't contain the correct (XR15) setup information either since their instructions tell you to use a non-existent setup button.

And for that setup function on the XR15, I believe that you need to press and hold the "Rogers" and "Mute" buttons simultaneously.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw  Thanks.  That confirms what I posted an hour ago. 😀

Kwak59
I'm here a lot

Finally success thanks so much. You know more about Rogers than rogers.

Kwak59
I'm here a lot
To program 2 ar-15 to exfinity stb press Rogers button and info button when light turns green follow on screen instructions.
Thanks 57

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Kwak59  Glad to hear that you were finally able to pair your new remote successfully!

@CommunityHelps  As per my post above, https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/pairing-the-voice-remote needs to be revised with the correct button combination to initiate pairing on the XR15 remote.

Thanks!

Hello, @-G-

Thanks so much for catching this error! 

We have forwarded it off to the Rogers.com team to ensure this gets corrected to prevent any confusion going forward. The A + D button press is only used for pairing the XR15 Remote to the TV using the code from the manufacturer.

We really appreciate all of your contributions to the Community! 😃

RogersTony

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

I have read, and set it up myself, for a 30 second jump forward. Hit exit 3 times & type in 0030. I haven't tried using the voice command to jump forward 3 mins but I will.

Why do paying customers have to pay $25 for a second remote ??

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor
Amazon.ca 2 for $25.00 or one for 12.99

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor
Disregard this. They want 25 bucks shipping so I guess 25 from rogers is a good deal.

asinyor
I've been around

I have bought 3 extra remotes to connect to Ignite and none of them work....any suggestions?????

Everything is Ok till I get to the follow the steps on your TV....do I need to have a certain channel?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@asinyor wrote:

I have bought 3 extra remotes to connect to Ignite and none of them work....any suggestions?????

Everything is Ok till I get to the follow the steps on your TV....do I need to have a certain channel?

You can pair multiple remotes to an Ignite set-top box.

I would factory-reset the remote by entering setup code 981 (For more info, see Troubleshooting the Ignite TV Voice Remote)

Once that is done, point the remote directly at the set-top box, press the Microphone button, then select "Yes" when asked, "Start using voice commands", and follow the onscreen prompts to pair and program the remote.

Topic Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 27 Likes
  • 10 in conversation