iPhone Visual Voicemail No Longer Offered?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iPhone Visual Voicemail No Longer Offered?

Good evening @huzzybear,

Thank you for your post & Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Wink

In the process of your hardware upgrade, your plan probably got changed. You most likely previously had the iPhone Visual Voicemail that allowed you to view your voice message, in a list.

With the new plans we are currently offering, the Enhanced Voicemail is the feature that is included.

The Visual Voicemail is no longer offered, as a feature with the in-market plans.

If you would like to see if we would have the ability to add it as a standalone feature on your plan, please send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps.

Regards,

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

I'm in the same boat. I just upgraded two iPhones today, replacing an iPhone 4s and 5 with two iPhone 6 phones. This required changing to a "Share Everything" plan where I was told the services would be exactly the same, except that my current 2 Gb of data would be upped to 2.5 Gb. But when I checked the phone later, the Visual Voice Mail is gone, and I have to use the keypad to enter my passcode and check for new mail. 

Dial in to check mail? What is this - 1995? 

Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Hello @duncanmkz

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums.

Please refer to the message above from @RogersMaude in regards to the visual voicemail feature.

Same applies, if you wish for us to take a look to see if we can add it as a standalone feature on your plan, please send us a private message @CommunityHelps.

Thanks,

RogersSannecia

I Plan to Stick Around

If you guys want Visual Voicemail for the iphone , you have to add the 5$ iPhone value pack! Make sure they add the one for the iPhone and not for generic smartphones.. i added it last night and visual voicemail works well, with my share everything plan.Voicemail go straight in the phone and you have to use the built in app to listen to your voicemail, no dialing needed and no password needed also! Hope that helps, i see people working for Rogers saying it does not excist anymore that's false! It's there it's available and it works.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jay_Starks

Agreed. There is that or a standalone $10 VVM option for the iPhone only.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Before changing to (semi) business plan I had voicemail go directly to my phone (iPhone 6+) and stored there.  This was quite convenient since I could check my phone at any time and not have to deal with the old voicemail system from the 90's.  Now I have to dial in to Rogers voicemail and go through all the prompts - the same system used 20 years ago, and wasn't good even then.  

Why did this change and how do I get back to the voicemail that worked well and was convenient?

I'm Here A Lot

I have the value pack - or at least I'm paying for it. Instead of Visual Voicemail it connects me to Rogers voicemail. That's not worth paying for.

And that's on top of Rogers not setting up the account properly when I switched - several times. They really have no idea what they're doing.

Good evening @jwatt_yow,

Thank you for your post!

I'm truly sorry you are feeling this way and would love to help you resolve this matter.

Since it requires access to your account, I will reach out to you via private message, from @CommunityHelps.

Please check your messages via the envelope icon once you click on your avatar, which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system, please visit this page.

RogersMaude

I'm Here A Lot

Voicemail to text: I get a text message when a voice mail arrives.  It's fairly accurate too.  It's a nice addition, but not what I want, and not what I thought I was paying for.   I want Visual Voicemail.  Rogers, make it work.  If you're not smart enough, find someone who is.

@hooch wrote:

Can you confirm that the addition of the Premium Voicemail-To-Text provides the VV as it was seen when it was correctly called Visual Voicemail for the iPhone for the past 7 years? This was when using the voicemail tab was pressed under the phone heading, a list of voicemails was shown and you were given the option to select which ones to listen to/delete?

The description of "Voicemail-To-Text" Rogers has chosen to use makes it sound like I will get a text message when I get a voicemail. It has left me a little confused, as well as many of the Rogers Reps I have spoken too.

This is for an iPhone 6+.

I'm Here A Lot

@RogersMaude wrote:

Good evening @jwatt_yow,

Thank you for your post!

I'm truly sorry you are feeling this way and would love to help you resolve this matter.

Since it requires access to your account, I will reach out to you via private message, from @CommunityHelps.

Please check your messages via the envelope icon once you click on your avatar, which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system, please visit this page.

RogersMaude

I would like this problem resolved too.  I would really have liked not to have this problem in the first place though.  I've responded to your PM.