cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Visual Voicemail No Longer Offered?

writergal
I plan to stick around

I recently had my phone transferred from another family member's name to mine and the voicemail looks different.  When the phone was under the family member's name, my voicemail listed the numbers that called and I was able to listen to the messages without calling in.  There was a play button beside each number.  Now that ownership has changed, I get a keypad.  Is this a package thing? 

Thanks.

****Edited Labels****

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: iPhone Visual Voicemail No Longer Offered?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yup!

You yourself, likely only have REGULAR voicemail.

The iphones support VISUAL voicemail, but its a feature you have to subscribe to.

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yup!

You yourself, likely only have REGULAR voicemail.

The iphones support VISUAL voicemail, but its a feature you have to subscribe to.

AnonymousUser
I'm a trusted contributor

Does Rogers no longer offer the iPhone Visual Voicemail feature?  It seems only the crappy VVM+ MMS version is available.

Can anyone here comment on whether or not they have the service working or recently added it?

I called in to add it and they said it was done, however, it's the MMS version, which I really dislike.  Called back and the girl said they stopped offering it because they were having problems with it.  Find that hard to believe considering it was there for years and worked just fine for friends.

Appreciate any info anyone can provide.

Kvalnir
I plan to stick around
It's part of their value packs, it's called Premium Voicemail-To-Text now, make sure you tell them it's for an iPhone though so they provision it correctly.

AnonymousUser
I'm a trusted contributor

First rep didn't know what they were doing and downgraded my VP and didn't give me the iPhone VVM.

Second rep said they no longer offer VVM for the iPhone because they had issues last December.

Third rep knew exactly how to fix everything, but the system was down and he couldn't make any changes to my account.

Finally got everything resolved with the fourth rep.

Wow, it's no wonder Rogers is such a mess, they really do have some uninformed customer service reps.

Can you confirm that the addition of the Premium Voicemail-To-Text provides the VV as it was seen when it was correctly called Visual Voicemail for the iPhone for the past 7 years? This was when using the voicemail tab was pressed under the phone heading, a list of voicemails was shown and you were given the option to select which ones to listen to/delete?

The description of "Voicemail-To-Text" Rogers has chosen to use makes it sound like I will get a text message when I get a voicemail. It has left me a little confused, as well as many of the Rogers Reps I have spoken too.

This is for an iPhone 6+.

COPO
I plan to stick around

jimboden
I'm an advisor

That's a really old link. It only states it's available up to an iPhone 4S. I have an iPhone 4S which is on a plan called iPhone Value Pack + Vvmail for $14 a month. Vvmail is Visual Voice Mail, and it only works when cellular is turned on.

Re: Visual Voicemail...

marcp
I've been here awhile

How do I subscribe

Hi @marcp , welcome to the community.

In order to have visual voicemail you would need to have an applicable Value Pack.

Visual Voice Mail displays messages, caller's number and date and time, like an email inbox, to quickly let the customer select and listen to messages.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

marcp
I've been here awhile

thank you very much great help

Hi @marcp ,

You are welcome, cheers! Smiley Happy

I've had VVM on Rogers for 4 years, since getting an iPhone 4. I even upgraded my phone to an iPhone 5 when my brother gave me his old unlocked iPhone 5 he got from Apple. I just purchased a new SIM for it, activated it on my account , and everything worked as it always has.

My wife and I were on the old "couples plan" and were regularly going over on our data in recent months, so we changed to a Share Everything plan, and that's where everything blew up.

They can't seem to get Visual Voicemail provisioned on my phone. It's been two weeks. I got an automated ticket update message this morning that told me nothing. Doing a "reset network" on my phone did not work. (Now I have to sign in to all of my WiFi networks again… yay!)

I don't see VVM offered anywhere on the Rogers site. Is it no longer being offered at all? One rep said that it couldn't be provisioned properly because I'm on a "non-Rogers iPhone" but that's not true since it worked just fine before changing plans, and that seems like a stupid thing to do to people who bought their phones elsewhere.

If it's no longer offered, I'm really annoyed that I wasn't told at the time of upgrading. Going back to old-style voice mail feels like a huge step backwards. Voicemail-to-text and Who Called are both incredibly annoying features. I don't want to have to manage even more text messages.

I really wish Rogers would offer "unbundled" features and add-ons at reasonable prices so we don't have to tolerate features we don't like in order to get the ones we want. But that's a different issue altogether.

I want my Visual Voicemail back. Two weeks ago.

Hi @NeutralPresidnt,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy.

I can understand how frustrated you must feel, I'm going to have someone from @CommunityHelps reach out to you in a private message, please check your Messages from the Envelope icon in the top right hand side of your screen.

Thanks!

RogersArthur

VVM is still offered with the share everything plans.

Probably is some mix up in provisioning it, etc on the account end, which hopefully @CommunityHelps can sort out.

But we just switched my wife from a slightly older plan, to a share everything plan.. and her VVM is still working.

NeutralPresidnt
I've been here awhile
I called again, had another support agent look into it again, said everything should be working AGAIN, reset my voice mail AGAIN, had to go through the voice mail setup process AGAIN, and it still doesn't work.

I know you're familiar with VVM, so my comment is probably meaningless. I have VVM on an iPhone 4S, which I almost never put on cellular because I'm mostly home and use Wi-Fi. Somewhere along the way, I was having trouble with VVM because I did not have cellular turned on, but it has to be on in order for VVM to work.

While I'm home, I use Rogers One Number instead of the phone, because I have a very poor signal. RON always lets me know when I have voice mail and I can listen to it that way. RON came free with my iPhone and I assume it still is with the right plans.

Rogers One Number is a great value-added service, but it doesn't help with the issue at hand. 😉

Not knowing what the rep did exactly.. its kind of hard..

Is it something built into the plan? or an addon?

Again, not sure what they did.. but first thing i would ask them to do.. is 100% remove the feature from the account.. then add it back in.

Rather than say a re-initialize, etc.

I have enhanced voicemail on my new iPhone 6, as I did on my old iPhone 3. When I go to retrieve a voicemail, I get the keypad screen and have to enter my password - my old phone showed a list of my new, and old, voicemails - this does not. Almost looks like it isn't activated. Can you help?

Good evening @huzzybear,

Thank you for your post & Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Wink

In the process of your hardware upgrade, your plan probably got changed. You most likely previously had the iPhone Visual Voicemail that allowed you to view your voice message, in a list.

With the new plans we are currently offering, the Enhanced Voicemail is the feature that is included.

The Visual Voicemail is no longer offered, as a feature with the in-market plans.

If you would like to see if we would have the ability to add it as a standalone feature on your plan, please send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps.

Regards,

RogersMaude

Topic Stats