cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail not delivering when I am on wifi

Poshalaraghu
I've been here awhile

I have Rogers iPhone , when someone leaves a voice mail. It’s not being delivered when I am on WiFi. When I select mobile data that’s when I see the list of voicemails.

***Added Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Voicemail not delivering when I am on wifi

RogersMaude

Good evening @Poshalaraghu,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post! Receiving voice messages is a must, so we definitely want to help you sort this out.

Do you have a regular voicemail or an iPhone Visual Voiemail?

Do you normally deactivate mobile data when you're connected to Wi-Fi? I'm wondering whether this happens because your data is turned off or because the Wi-Fi connection is enabled.

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

Hi .. it’s an iPhone that we have and it’s iPhone visual voicemail (when someone tried reaching me and if I couldn’t answer their call. They leave a voicemail) . I turn off my mobile data when I am connected to Wifi just to save my personal data. The voicemails are delivered only when I enable my mobile data till then it shows that I don’t have any.

I'm not familiar with iPhone visual voice mail but I suspect it uses MMS? mms, requires a data connection but not a data plan.

you dont have to turn off cellular data every time you turn on wifi, your surfing will still come from the wifi, but stuff like mms needs the data on to work, though its a different APN so it does not charge you for the usage

Poshalaraghu
I've been here awhile
Thanks ... it’s not the MMS that I am talking about . It’s the usual voicemail that someone drops when they can’t reach you On phone. Voicemails don’t show up when I am on Wifi. Just to be on safe side I turn off mobile data when connected to Wifi as I play games online using mobile.

when i turn on my wifi even with my cell data still enabled my data works over wifi., you should have no need to turn off cellular data obviously something is needed in the cellular data connection for visual voice mail to work, but i know its not mms but i did hear once that Visual Voicemail is delivered over MMS this is why you cant turn off data, maybe you dont get charged for the data used but it needs the data on from what I heard, i dunno im not an expert in this ive never used it but saw people who used it before.
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation