cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Location Display

bianka34
I'm here a lot

My rogers apple phone has been displaying all  local Saskatchewan and Halifax calls as United States calls.I called a week ago and they said they are working on it. I just hope they dont mess up my phone bills.Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

***Added Labels***

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Incorrect Location Display

RogersMaude

Good day @bianka34,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and I hope you're staying safe! I know it's really important to stay connected with your loved ones, especially these days. Seeing Canadian phone calls displayed as being to/from the United States can certainly seem puzzling.

To help you, we'll need a bit more information. Are you referring to calls to/from 1-800 numbers?

Are you referring to incoming calls? If you're physically in your local calling area when receiving phone calls, you don't have to be concerned as they will never count as long distance.

Thanks!

RogersMaude

Thanks RogersMaude. No,i am referring to all calls i.e both incoming and outgoing which are not in my contact list from area code 306 and 639. I have also noticed that all my past local calls from area code 306, stretching back to 2019 that were initially displayed correctly as Saskatoon are now displayed as United States.

Hello @bianka34

My name is Corey and I'll be helping you out with your location display issue today.

If this is already being worked on as you mentioned earlier, I can look into it for you and see what updates are available and share them with you.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps so that I may further assist. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Thanks.Pm sent.

Update:So i have found out online that there are other apple users with the same problem in Saskatchawan.Its happening to other cell phone carriers as well,not just rogers but apple support insists call display is a carrier function.So far,issue not resolved yet.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Since its happening on other carriers and other provinces, it is likely NOT a rogers related feature and instead its likely an apple specific feature of their phone and software. Rogers has no knowledge of what country or province name is displayed on your caller id cus apple is sending it only to their phones. Call apple if your having issues.

Just to be clear. The actual caller id phone number you see is a rogers feature. The country or province NAME you see along with the caller id is NOT a rogers feature it is apple feature.

Lately, when I place or accept local Toronto calls on my phone, they are identified as going to or coming from Steel City, New Jersey. What does this mean? Does it indicate a problem? Apple advised that this problem has to be addressed by cel service provider.

Hi @luciddoreylukie

Welcome to the community and thank you your post! 

That can be quite puzzling to see your local calls both incoming and outgoing being displayed as coming from the Unites States. Rest assure we would like to help you further with this. 

Just some quick questions if I may ask. You mentioned this is happening with local Toronto calls.
•    Are you noticing this happen with any calls outside your local area? 
•    Did this issue just recently start? 
•    Since you noticed the issue were there any recent changes to your phone? 
•    Can you also try restarting your phone and see if you still have the same issue afterwards?

Looking forwards to your reply!

RogersJermaine

how is the incoming number displayed on your screen? is it displayed as +1 416 or as 1 416, or is it a different area code like 647 or 289 or 436 or something?

Elrond22
I've been here awhile
Yes. I live on the Lake Erie North Shore and my calls have United States as the label

Elrond22
I've been here awhile
For me it is certain, but not all 800 numbers Local calls are labeled Ontario

Good afternoon @Elrond22,

Thanks for posting. I can understand that seeing some calls originating from the wrong location can be confusion.

Can you have a look at @RogersJermaine's post above to see the additional information we're looking for?

I do have a few questions, to make sure I fully understand the situation you're describing:

• Have you noticed that these calls are incoming from Canadian area codes but are labeled United States?
  • Are you bringing this up to our attention because you're concerned that these will be charged? 

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 in conversation