Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

Look, Rogers marked the thread "resolved".
It is very disappointing because it doesn't look like they are anyway near considering implementing ApplePay.

Had I known or thought to check if they supported ApplePay before submitting my application, and found out that they didn't, I wouldn't have requested one.

I've Been Around

Please enable this feature.  All of my other credit cards have it enabled, so I continue to use them instead of my Rogers Card.  

You will earn many more users (more interest $$) with Apple Pay enabled.

I've Been Here Awhile

Add Apple Pay please!!!!

This is a necessity please I can’t reload my transit card in Japan without Apple Pay... and is it really that hard for Rogers to implement this when it’s already developed?!

I've Been Around

I just got my Rogers bank MasterCard and was disappointed to discover it doesn’t work with Apple Pay. 

Rogers, please implement this.

I've Been Here Awhile

As a software developer I’d be happy to help, can’t be too hard to implement...
I've Been Around

It isn't a matter of how easy the implementation is. Apple Pay takes an extra piece of % and you can guess the rest.

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/news/canada-banks-steep-price-apple-pay/

I've Been Here Awhile

All other banks believe that price Is worth it. Rogers bank I think miscalculates how many customers they lose because of this.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hope we can get Google pay and Apple pay soon!
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersCilio wrote:

Hey @TwitchyPuppy,

I can certainly appreciate the convenience and simplicity Apple Pay provides, I don't blame you for inquiring.

I reached out to try and find the answer, here's the response I was given:

"We currently do not support mobile wallets like Apple Pay or Android Pay. So far, we haven’t had many of our cardholders asking for this feature as most seem satisfied tapping with their card to pay.

However, we will keep track of every customer who inquires about it and as demand grows among our customers, we will definitely look at offering this service. "

I encourage you and anyone in our Community, interested in seeing Apple Pay come to our Rogers Platinum MasterCard, to provide your feedback HERE!

Kind Regards,
RogersCilio

Any updates?

There's 9 pages of "your cardholders" asking for this feature.

Hey @TwitchyPuppy,

We don't have any further updates as of yet. Please stay tuned to the Community as we'll provide any updates we can pass along as soon as we can.

RogersTim