cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s24 Ultra RCS stopped working July 2024

Ogvar
I've been here awhile

I've had my phone since February of 2024. RCS chats have always worked. Sometime in the last week the future stopped working. I've tried resetting the phone, updating all the software and apps and cleared the cash in the memory app nothing seems to fix it.

"RCS chats aren't available for this device Your device does not currently support this feature. Learn more"

This is the message I get when I try to enable them.

What has changed why does it no longer work on my phone?

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Samsung s24 Ultra RCS stopped working July 2024

Ogvar
I've been here awhile
I fixed the problem. There was an update on July 2nd 2024 for Google messages. I uninstalled the update and RCS chats became functional again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RogersMoin

Hello, @Ogvar.

We welcome you to our Community and thank you for your post.

I understand how unpleasant it can be when a feature suddenly stops working. Thank you for listing the troubleshooting steps you have done so far. By resetting the phone, do you mean you have done a factory reset?

Can you confirm you are using the Google Messages app, not the Samsung Messages app, on your device?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

TwitchyPuppy
I'm a reliable contributor
Hi!

Try clearing your Messages app data and cache, then reboot your phone! That worked for me, when it happened.

Ogvar
I've been here awhile
I fixed the problem. There was an update on July 2nd 2024 for Google messages. I uninstalled the update and RCS chats became functional again.

nickthaskater
I plan to stick around

I had the same issue. I uninstalled the updates from the App Info screen for Messages, then reinstalled the latest update from the Play Store and now RCS is working normally. 

jimy
I plan to stick around
Finally, last thing I tried and it worked for my s23+
What bugs me i chatted with rogers tech support and they tried everything but that...even the Google messages "help" never mentions "unistalling updates"
I had nearly given up, luckily I remembered to try the community forum.
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 5 in conversation