cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch support

garron2
I've been around

Now that Rogers has released support for Apple watches, and the Samsung LTE watch will be in Canada in late October, when will Rogers support the Samsung LTE watch?

***EDITED LABELS***

228 REPLIES 228

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch support

GB441
I've been here awhile

I had purchased Samsung watch directly from Samsung and tried to activate it with Rogers on Samsung Watch BYOD plan and both time i got it activated but i was not able to use number share , each time watch got its own number and i was able to make and receive calls from watch number , spoke to 4 different tech support guys in 2 weeks and end of the day all of them said that in their system its mentioned it has to be Rogers Samsung watch means must purchase from Rogers on Financing program so I went to Rogers Store and got it financed Samsung watch with promotion Samsung watch plan is free for 24 months and Now its working as number share.

jennih
I've been here awhile

I am beyond frustrated, I came back to rogers on the promise that they would be able to connect my GW5 to my plan... I had everything set up and working and then  got the below email canceling my plan... I have just added the second line again which clearly states it is a BOYD samsung watch.... I don't understand why rogers isn't  updated to the fact that they do indeed support this watch now.  The guys at my local store have been fantastic it's the technical support on the back end that doesn't seem to get it. 

Please note this email address is used for outgoing messages only. Should you reply, your message will not be received.***

Re: 

Dear Jennifer,

Due to a technical issue, we were unable to complete the activation of your smartwatch. To make full use of your watch on our network, you’ll need to re-add it to your monthly account. Only Apple Watches can be set up on the Rogers network. Visit rogers.com/apple-watch-activation to re-activate it. We’re sorry for this extra step. You’ll get an email confirming that we’ve cancelled your smartwatch plan and reversed your monthly service fees to date. If you’re still experiencing issues with your Apple Watch, please give us a call at 1-888-ROGERS1.

Sincerely,

Snehal D.
Back Office Operations

Rogers Communications Inc.
http://www.rogers.com/

johnnycanuk
I plan to stick around

I am about to contact various news agencies to tell them that Rogers is advertising that they sell Samsung Galaxy 5 watches that will connect to the LTE network. I have spent close to 40 hours at store, on phone, online support and even Twitter and not one person can resolve the problem. I was told that because my phone was a non-Rogers phone, therefore tech was not obliged to provide any support. So I bought a Rogers phone and still not solution.

I know the feeling I made a complaint to the CRTC and got nothing... I have Rogers everything 15 years and still it doesn't work

COMPACTER
I've been here awhile

Well seems rogers does have esim option for the new Samsung Watch 5 now, so why can't we activate our older samsung watches?? @admin can you look into this please and let the millions of NON APPLE users get some relief. I have been waiting forever and now you are limiting to watches purchased only thru Rogers?? 

johnnycanuk
I plan to stick around
I have gotten nothing but the run around from Rogers. I escalated through a store and the employee sent me an email, this is what he wrote...
" I spoke to a few of my colleagues regarding our Samsung watch issues we have been working on for the last few weeks. 

From what I understand, the problem popping up all across the board. Doesn't look like anything you and I did wrong or anything like that. 

From what I'm told, Rogers wireless is re-doing the process to eliminate these problems but have not yet given indication as to when it will be ready to go. 

"Under the table" they sort of told me not to waste my time.... so, I mean, that says it all. "

So I bought a phone and a watch through Rogers with the falsely advertised belief that I would get a LTE network watch.

jennih
I've been here awhile
This is unreal. The girl at my local store is amazing and knows how to connect my watch but everytime she does someone on the backend cancels it. Even when she specifically called them and told them not to cancel it. This is the fourth time we've added my watch and the backend has canceled it. I give up.

Jamb23
I've been here awhile
Thanks to your comment my watch also works! Financed the watch with rogers this week and no LTE. Then a couple days later upgraded my plan to infinite extra and had them remove the watch plan and re add it with a new esim which makes the watch plan free with current promotion and now my LTE works!

johnnycanuk
I plan to stick around
So you mean to tell me I have to spend me I have to spend more money? I only have mobile plans with Rogers. This was supposed to be Bring Your Own Device. Then they told me I had to buy a Rogers watch for it to work. Then I had to buy a Rogers phone or they wouldn't troubleshoot. Now you are telling me I have to buy internet?

Jamb23
I've been here awhile
I upgraded my infinite plan for my S22 to the infinite extra plan and re registered the watch in store(which was only 2 days old and still new enough for a return but it might work just with getting a new esim after changing the plan). Smartphone plan went up 10$ watch plan is free and now i have a fully functional watch that im financing through rogers...

Hi , @RogersYasmine i did perchade my galaxy watch 5 at a Rogers retail location and encounter the same issue stated above , any advices?

Hello, @Olistn 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

It is recommended to get the watch setup at the retail store where it is purchased to ensure everything is working properly. I would advise revisiting the store to see if they can help get the watch setup for you.

Please let the community know how things go for you and what the solution was.

RogersTony

Jurzei
I've been here awhile
Where abouts are you? I'm in NB and I e been having issues since Sept! Same watch. Tried tonight putting a brand new watch and plan on and same issue. Curious if your store may have advice as I've been to 2 different stores and numerous call ins lol

Jurzei
I've been here awhile
Hi! Did you have to pay the taxes on the devices upfront with Telus? That's what they told me when I was looking to switch. Rogers phones are on upfront edge finance... Been trying to fix this for 10 months now

JamesBee
I plan to stick around
Rogers claims you can bring your own on their website under the connected devices tab. When is this going to be available for all galaxy watch and pixel watch users?

Hello, I am setting up my Galaxy watch 5 LTE from Rogers. It is asking for the QR code or Activation code, where could I find it?

GB441
I've been here awhile
Hi, You need to go to Rogers Store. It cam not be done online at home.

beeta_p
I've been here awhile

I have purchased 2 galaxy watches from Rogers store with plans and none of them work on LTE. I cannot make any outbound calls if my phone is not near by. I have been sent back from Store to Tech support and from Tech support to the store several times and nobody knows how to fix that. I'm beyond frustrated. No one is taking responsibility and ownership. I have opened a ticket but I believe nobody is actually is looking into the issue.

beeta_p
I've been here awhile

Hi, Have you got the solution for this issue?