Google Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL Pre-Orders & Reservations

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Google Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL Pre-Orders & Reservations

Confirmed w/ Rogers (very helpful btw)

- no wi-fi calling for non-Rogers issued devices - IMEI not in their DB, no process to have your phone added if it didn't come from them.

... so you should be good to go w/ your Rogers issued device

I Plan to Stick Around

@bob01 wrote:

Confirmed w/ Rogers (very helpful btw)

- no wi-fi calling for non-Rogers issued devices - IMEI not in their DB, no process to have your phone added if it didn't come from them.

... so you should be good to go w/ your Rogers issued device

Oh you pre-ordered but not from Rogers? That might explain some of the difference.

I'm Here A Lot

Yes - usually pre-order from Rogers (and hang out in this group on launch day Smiley Happy  ) but this one came directly from the google store.

Next time...

I've Been Here Awhile

Does the free Pixel Stand only come with pre-orders or do you also get it if you just did the device reservation?

I pre-ordered the 3 XL on one line and it arrived today and I got the code for the stand. But I had also done a device reservation on another line and that one hasn't shipped out yet (it was reserved several days ago). I'm curious if the reserved one will also get a code for the free stand.
I'm Here A Lot

I confirm I do not have the option either.

After some digging, it's a USA only feature for now. No mention about spreading it to the rest of the world.

Considering it's a big feature touted by Google, it sucks big time that it's not worldwide, even if I only in english
I Plan to Stick Around

i just went into the store in the mall picked up a 128GB XL white, also got a free tablet and some other goodies and a good deal on the upgrade compared to what is offered online.
The only thing i find strange is that it is on september security patch level with no updates available.
I Plan to Stick Around

@IainS wrote:
i just went into the store in the mall picked up a 128GB XL white, also got a free tablet and some other goodies and a good deal on the upgrade compared to what is offered online.
The only thing i find strange is that it is on september security patch level with no updates available.

Lucky you! I would do the same thing since I haven't heard anything on my pre-order that I made Oct 9th Smiley Sad however I don't want to lose out on the free Pixel Stand. This is very annoying.

I've Been Here Awhile

So Rogers can't tell me anything about when I am going to receive but won't let me cancel my order and roll back my account changes because I have been assigned an IMEI number.

Kind of ridiculous that stores have stock in the model that I preordered but mine sits in a warehouse in Mississauga.

I've Been Here Awhile

I did not get any notification of shipping, just got a "We missed you" from UPS. I did not have a chance to arrange to me home (I would have), and because I have plans to go out of town right from work I wont be able to get mine until Monday.

Granted its a 1st world problem, but I pre-ordered. I didnt order to get it after it was available in stores.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well you both are doing better than me because I don't have a new IMEI assigned and I don't have a UPS delivery Smiley Sad

BRUTAL ROGERS!!!!