cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL Pre-Orders & Reservations

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

Does Rogers usually do pre-orders for Pixel devices? I know usually Samsung and Apple but wasn't sure on Pixel.  Looks like it will be available on Nov 1st in Canada and I want to make sure to have WiFi Calling so would rather order from Rogers.

Thanks,

Jerome

*** Edited Labels ***

137 REPLIES 137

Re: Google Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL Pre-Orders & Reservations

hi123456
I plan to stick around
Yeah, its a little mind boggling that you can pre-order something, which allows a retailer to guage interest and plan for stock, and still not get it even a month later. I got mine about a week after release and retunred it a few days later due to all the issues I was having. I have subsequently ordered a replacement a week ago, but have no idea when I will see it. I am hoping before Christmas, but given this I doubt that!

I am even more perplexed when you order online that they don't tell if its in stock or not or even expected shipping times. Most online retailers wont let you even order it if its not in stock, but Rogers will gladly take your money and tell you nothing!

darthsega
I plan to stick around

I agree the whole situation is baffling.  First time that pre-order has meant nothing at all in my experience.  I also agree that it is totally wrong for Rogers to let you order a device online without telling you if it is in stock or not.  Doesn't stop my facebook feed from being loaded with adds telling me about all the great deals they have on phones that aren't in stock!

I reached out to the sales chat again just a couple of hours ago to see if they had any Black Pixel 3XL's 128 gig in stock and for the first time the first person I spoke with couldn't answer that simple question.  I got to a regular care rep who looked into my order and showed it as complete and ready to ship.  She said I would get it in 3-5 days max.  Now normally I'd be happy about that but I've also been told in the chat (on November 2nd) that my phone had shipped at 11:40 am and that I should have it in 4 days.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get yours before Christmas and will update if I see any movement on mine! 🙂

hesscham
I plan to stick around
This thread is upsetting. Upgraded/ Ordered my Pixel 3XL online last Tuesday. As others have stated, I was under the assumption that if a phone is out of stock that you can't order it. I have contacted customer support 4 time since last Tuesday and it's the same ridiculous answer "it's says order processed. Please wait another business day to get your shipment confirmation email." Customer service reps are useless at this point. Can't someone just be honest and tell me if my phone is out of stock!? I'm tired of calling!!!!

hesscham
I plan to stick around
" I got to a regular care rep who looked into my order and showed it as complete and ready to ship. She said I would get it in 3-5 days max."

That's what I been told for the last 7 days. 👎. I'm hopeful that my phone will arrive this week. Come on Rogers...

darthsega
I plan to stick around

Yeah it is pretty poor customer service all the way around on this issue.  How can you not have an accurate way of tracking stock?  All the warehouse employees must have new phones every day since no one can keep track of them!

Just an update on my situation.  I have seen no movement.  Others that received their devices noticed that their accounts were charged for the device then received the shipping order...I've seen no change since yesterday and remember my phone was "ready to ship"

hi123456
I plan to stick around
Just an update, I ordered a pixel 3 xl 128 in white on November 24, just received the tracking email. Also received a "we have made changes to your account" email 2.5 hours before.

So looks like in getting mine before Christmas. Not sure how the rest of you who ordered at presale still have not received your phones.

I got my first pixel 3xl on Nov 7 after pre-ordering on Oct 10. Returned Nov 9 due to speaker issues. Ordered 2nd phone Nov 24 now that Google has announced fixes.

hesscham
I plan to stick around
similar update on my end. I also ordered a Pixel 3 XL 128 in white but on November 27.
I just received the tracking email as well and that "we have made changes to your account" email 2 hours before.

Good sign hopefully!

darthsega
I plan to stick around

Glad for both of you!  My update is no update.  I guess I should have preordered a white one...

hi123456
I plan to stick around

Just to clarify, my pre order was a black pixel 3 xl with 128gb.

You need to call Rogers, get escalated to a manager. At the least they will give you a bill credit for the inconveniences. Make sure you make it clear you can't understand how you placed a pre order to receive one on release day and still nothing over a month after it's release.

hesscham
I plan to stick around
Received my pixel 3 xl white 128 GB today via UPS! so in total it took 8 days to get from the initial order last Tuesday. Just thankful I got it! I hope everyone else gets theirs asap too!

darthsega
I plan to stick around

Well I hope this is my last update.  This morning I received my weekly email telling me my place in queue and it was now 18 of 20 and I received that notification at 8am (my time).  It is now 12:20 my time and I have received my shipping confirmation.

The tracking number doesn't pull up anything yet and my account hasn't been billed but fingers crossed this isn't a false start as the order number is showing "closed - shipped".

Thanks everyone for letting me vent and for the helpful advice.  Now once I get the phone thats when the credit request will start! 🙂

NaviWireless
I've been around
Yes you can call in to rogers in future, some time you get the device ASAP or you can be the first one to pick it up.
Topic Stats