Google Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL Pre-Orders & Reservations

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Google Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL Pre-Orders & Reservations

Thanks
I've Been Around

I don't think it's a "we missed you" note. I thought the same. Mine specifically had "held at UPS pickup facility" on it.
I Plan to Stick Around

I got mine today, I did get notification of shipment and as I backed into my driveway after being away the UPS guy showed up. I ordered the Pixel Stand but haven't opened the phone yet, still so mad at Rogers trying to decide if I want to keep it or return it.

I Plan to Stick Around

Now that we are finally receiving the phones, who has the buzzing speaker issue? I have it for sure.
Listen to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fuIMye31Gw
You should hear clear piano notes...
I don't know what I want to do, return the phone for a refund and wait for Google to fix it, RMA it for a new one and hope for the best or tuff it out...
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah not sure what I'd do.  I tried to watch a video of the issue on my PC but couldn't really tell.  I don't really use my phone for media playback on the phone itself so it wouldn't be too much of an issue for me...if i ever get my pre-order that is.

Also not sure if it is something that is fixable via software but I think the Pixel 2 had a similar issue that was fixed via software (i think...).

Let us know what you decide and thanks for the update.

I've Been Here Awhile

Did anyone else not receive their Pixel Stand promo code when receiving the Pixel 3 or 3 XL?

The issue is I pre-ordered through Rogers for the pre-order promotion which included a free Pixel stand. However when I received the phone last Thursday (Nov. 1st), it only had the phone in it - no Pixel stand.

I called Rogers. They said a promo code for the stand should be included in the box. There was nothing of the sort. But then they said to contact Google as Rogers could not help me (???).

Strange but I call Google anyway. And I got the answer I was expecting. Google doesn't have my phone/pre-order on file since I pre-ordered through Rogers. Not only that but they weren't even aware of the Rogers promotion! Of course, they told me to call Rogers back.

Which I did. Only to be forwarded to Google support again. This has happened multiple times as I try to follow-up. I keep getting bounced back and forth.

Now, here I am, nearly a week later from receiving the phone and I still have no answers, even though I've spent 10+ hours on call with Rogers support and Google support in the past 6 days!

If it's a unique promo code, can't Rogers see that I have not used my code? Can't Rogers generate a new code for me, and cancel the old one? Surely, the onus of responsibility is not with Google since at this point in time, I have not made a purchase from Google directly and it is a promotion offered by Rogers.

Did not expect to have to chase Rogers down for this since it was an advertised promotion!

Is anyone else experiencing this? I just want my Pixel stand and I don't understand what exactly is so difficult in resolving this issue. I'm getting zero transparency as it seems the policy of support on this issue is pass-the-buck and it's becoming extremely frustrating.

I've Been Here Awhile

After more than a week since my device was shipped I had enough. I called my local Rogers store and they told me they had my device waiting for me for a few days already, but it didn't come with my contact information. Rogers, you drive me nuts. I'm wondering when I'll ever be able to have a seamless customer experience with your company. If I didn't have my business monthly savings with you, I'd be long time gone. I'll go pick up my device and open the box in store; that Pixel Stand code better be in the box or my money is gonna go somewhere else. And that monthly saving better be applied for another 2 years without issues, because I'm already fed up.

Good luck to any of you guys that preorded, stay strong, you'll need it.
I Plan to Stick Around

My promo code was in the box, so I dont know what to tell you. Rogers should make good on this. Did you try escalating the call?
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah i had the promo code in the box as well and already ordered. Still haven't opened the phone as unsure I want to giclve Rogers 2 more years of my business.

Hello @TsarStarTartare!

Thank you for posting! I understand your frustration with regards to not receiving your promo code for the free Pixel stand. I would feel just as let-down. 😔

As long as you placed a pre-order or reservation for the Google Pixel 3 or 3 XL, which resulted in a purchase, you should have received the promo code in the box with your device upon receipt. Once you have your promo code, you have to access Google's website to redeem it for your free Pixel stand as follows:

1. Add the Pixel stand to your cart 
2. During checkout, use the unique promo code provided to zero out the cost of the Pixel stand

If these two steps are completed correctly, then Google will send you a confirmation with a tracking number included to the email address you provided during checkout.

I regret to advise that Rogers does not provide support for any issues related to this offer as it is a Google promotion. If you have any issues, I'm afraid you must contact Google directly (1-855-836-3987). This includes: 

◦ Any technical issues with the Pixel Stand
◦ Any issues with the redemption process
◦ If you have not received your gift with purchase

I hope this helps provide further clarification on this offer and how it works! 

Thanks,

RogersLaura