Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hey guys!

Here are the Rogers pricing for both models and GB on a Premium Plus plan.

Rogers The 64GB Pixel 2 will cost $199.99 on a Premium Plus two-year plan, while the 128GB model will cost $329.99 on a Premium Plus two-year plan.

The 64GB Pixel 2 XL will cost $449.99 on a Premium Plus two-year plan, while the 128GB Pixel 2 XL will cost $579.99 on a Premium Plus two-year plan.
Rumini
I'm Here A Lot

Woo first in line for 128 XL black

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Rumini

Yay! Glad to hear 🙂
enigma4321
I Plan to Stick Around

5th place here, was late to the game! 

and why are phones so expensive now?!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @enigma4321

Google is following Apple and Samsung that's how it really is now. Next year the Pixel line will be nearly topping $1K watch.

Its getting ridiculous though.
enigma4321
I Plan to Stick Around

hey @Meowmix

Ya, sad really..

Salinger1
I Plan to Stick Around

The pricing of handsets is indeed getting higher and higher it seems, at least for flagships.  But what must be remembered is the R&D, manpower and technology required to essentially put a computer, more powerful than anything that was in your home just a few years ago, in the palm of your hand.  

The demo of the instantaneous translation using the Pixel 2 and the Google Pixel Buds was mind blowing; truly like something out of Star Trek.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Salinger1

Still. Google makes millions on other devices / services. So they are doing what Apple and now Samsung is doing. The customers at one point won't give into this and manufactures will learn that raising their pricing sky high won't go anywhere. Either way many are actually complaining about the pricing. Google said when they brought out the Nexus and Pixel line that devices won't be Sky high pricing. Yet they are doing the opposite.

The demo was great but didn't wow me to be honest.
Salinger1
I Plan to Stick Around

The fact that Google makes millions (more likely billions) on other products and services really has nothing to do with pricing of their handsets.  Rogers doesn't say, "we had huge profits last year, let's reduce the cost of our plans for our customers".  It also doesn't negate the fact that what I said is true; you're holding in your hand a device with more power, and more storage than was even thought possible only a few years ago.

The Pixel + Google Translate lets you hold a conversation, in real time, with someone in any of 40 different languages, even though you may know not a single word of that language.   If that doesn't impress you, then nothing will.  Smiley Happy  That kind of technology costs money to develop.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Salinger1

Agree and disagree at the same time.

To be honest after seeing how Google left out many things from the Pixel line (SD card slot, Hesdphone jack, wireless charging). Many of those features are missing from a device that Google said last year they would bring up to this year.

In the end the less technology you put into a device, the less the price should be. We have many device by Samsung, Apple, HTC, Blackberry ( yes Blackberry) LG which offer the same if not more features. The only thing they don't offer is Vanilla Android which some may want like my self but hey its what we get when we want a device.

Again many features that are available with other devices / manufacturers are missing and many want those. Google said they would bring features to the Pixel but missed out on the ones many have asked for since last year.