cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Once again its the time of the year that Google announced their Pixel line up!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - My Device - Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want aka Pixel 2 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone. This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS)

Let's make this thread the only thread for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!Smiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

459 REPLIES 459

Re: Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Leidend

What do you mean keeps failing? Where does it fail ( like spot where it stops working).?

Leidend
I plan to stick around

On the phone the girl asked me to use my keypad to type in my credit card and it wouldn't process it.

Online I had a smorgasbord of errors, all different depending on the attempt. Farthest I got was the credit check where I got a "something happened" error. I have perfect credit and passed it with the girl on the phone.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Leidend

Hmm I do know that from 12-6am EST they always do maintenance on the systems so this could be one of the reasons why it's happening. The systems will start failing during that time.

Have you placed the order or still have errors? Have you tried any other browsers? Try and see. If it keeps doing, then wait for another couple of hours.

Leidend
I plan to stick around

Got the order through via phone this morning, stayed up until 4am Vancouver time just to order phones. Hope my memory of how good Rogers was compared to Bell is still true. 😛

AJ7777
I plan to stick around

Hi there, 

I pre ordered a Pixel 2 XL. I have 2 lines on my account. Can i choose any line for an upgrade when the phone arrives in store ? I used the main line for the pre-order. 

Thanks 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @AJ7777

Yes you can! Just tell them which line u want it to go on and they will do it for u

jsu_10
I've been here awhile

Did anyone get a confirmation about receiving the Home Mini and whether or not we can choose which colour you wanted?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jsu_10

The color is only white that everyone gets. No other colors.

You won't get any confirmation email about the pre order bonus gift. This one will come with the device that u pre ordered when u receive it. If u have it ship to a store it will be given at the store. If you have Ship to home option, it will be shipped with the device to u.

LePeR1898
I plan to stick around

Pixel 2 updates direct from Google??

I read the Rogers Pixel 1 receives updates directly from Google and was wondering if the same would be true with the 2?

benbar21
I plan to stick around

@LePeR1898 I'd be completely shocked if they were not. Google has even changed it so that updates are no longer rolled out over time, but rather anyone can force a manual update on their pixel (or pixel 2) by just hitting the 'check for update' button!

604kev_
I plan to stick around

#39 here for a 2 XL, can't wait!

------------------------------------
I have too many phones, ask me anything

jamiros
I've been here awhile
I pre ordered by the “pay now” option and I got a confirmation email, but today I see the money in my Rogers account. Is that correct?? Also, I’m upgrading from my wife’s account but I’m going to use it on my main line (my phone). Is that possible?

Thanks!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jamiros

It is possible but the upgrade is done on her account, not yours. All u have to do is just switch the sim cards when the phone comes in.

Yes they charge you right now upon doing the upgrade /pre order.

@604kev_

Had the same happen. I ordered a Pixel 2 XL (64 GB) the day after they went on pre-order.
I went through the upgrade process, changed to the new plan, paid up front to have the phone delivered to me directly vs shipped to a store.

The transaction confirmation page for the purchase said my CC wouldn't be billed until the device was shipped. Yet 2 days later I find that my CC was billed for the full amount, and now I have credit for the amount on my Rogers account. I find that was rather misleading and underhanded.

And on a side note, where exactly does one find this "reservation number" spoken of in this thread? I got nothing in the confirmation email about a reservation number. And there's no sign anywhere on my account on the web site that I've ordered a new phone.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Crunchmeister

As posted on Page 1, Post 1 by me, the reservation number is ONLY for the ones doing a reservation to the stores. They are the only ones that can see a reservation number and status.

Ship to home option do not have this option and only get a email saying their account changes ( when the device is fully added on their account before shipment) and when the device ships out. Until then u have no option to see a status or number for this.

LadyA
I've been here awhile

Seems only Rogers not offering blue colour at launch, Telus and Bell both have that option, disappointing 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @LadyA

Most likely will give that color option after launch like they did last year.

LadyA
I've been here awhile

You mean after the Home Mini offer is over?

MunnyGuy
I plan to stick around
I just read all the posts and do have a few questions. First of all my account is a business account.

I was not asked what store the phone was to be shipped... Should I expect it to be sent to my office?

My confirmation email states I am #4 of 45 for a Pixel 2 XL Black 128GB however it lists it like this:

This is a status update on the reservation for the PXL2128 Black pertaining to cellular number(s)

Is this the short form for Pixel 2 XL or just Pixel2?

I was #6 for a Black Pixel XL 128gb with Rogers last year and it never arrived. Is Rogers actually planning on fulfilling these preorders?

Looking forward to the new phone... But always hate the wait. 🤤

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @LadyA

Yes. Rogers will offer something else with that color most likely. Remember they offered the Blue one months later and they gave away a free gift with that too. ( Pixel or Pixel XL from last year).

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @MunnyGuy

1). The device will be shipped to the address that the account is listed under.

2). Yes that is the number you are in. There is 45 people on the business list for that model and color. This is a separate list then regular customer reservations.

3). That's for the Pixel XL 128GB model. They do shortforms like this with many models of different phones.

4). They do fulfill their orders but again depends how many they get in stock. As i remember correctly there was a issue with the XL models last year at launch ( as per Google as well). So yes you will get it but remember it may not be at a launch. May be a couple days later. Depends.

Hope this helps! 🙂