cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 Ultra Pre-order

iain1967
I plan to stick around

I have never pre-ordered before but I have for the Galaxy S21 Ultra. Do Rogers generally ship on the official release day (01/29/21)?

I see online other carriers have already shipped some S21.

137 REPLIES 137

Re: Galaxy S21 Ultra Pre-order

Hello @GaryD,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with the rest of the community. I'm saddened to hear that it was a disappointing one for you as that is never our intent. 😞 We absolutely appreciate your business and loyalty over the years, it means a lot!

I'm really disheartened to hear that you felt 'duped' when you were sold the tablet by the agent. Being open and transparent is something we always strive for. The tablet offer on financing does allow you to pay $0 upfront, however, you are still required to pay off the subsidy of the tablet via a monthly financing charge which is added to your bill. We do have a limited time offer which provides a 24 month discount off of the monthly service fee for the data plan, so perhaps this is where the confusion lies? There should have been an email confirmation sent to you with the terms and conditions of the offer clearly outlined--did you happen to receive it?

If the order was placed directly with an agent by phone or via Live Chat or Social Media, you do have up to 30 days to return the tablet and the line will be cancelled. If it was done in-store, you have up to 15 days to return it to the same location it was purchased at. When returning hardware, you must return the purchased equipment in "like new" condition, including all original parts, components and packaging. In addition, you must remove all device passwords and account locks, if applicable. Please bring any necessary paperwork with you if returning it back to a retail location and have your photo ID ready.

If you meet the conditions to return a device, you may be eligible for: 

• Refund of the hardware cost.
  • Credit for the unused portion of the monthly plan and one-time fees, if you are cancelling the associated service.

Hopefully, this provides some clarification. 

Thank you,

RogersLaura

GaryD
I plan to stick around

Laura, thanks I've written this email before I had a chance to talk to a rep about my situation.  Things have been ironed out and should be back to normal soon hopefully.  I'd like to also let the community know that this was a case of being nuclear and really upset at what Samsung  has done to us loyal Samsung customers.  I think the blame should be on Samsung for basically duping  us into upgrading early and the fiasco of us not getting the earbuds promised baited for us to jump the gun.  Had I known that they are pretending all 17500 has been taken give me a break they decided this figure because what that's all they need to break even or to get that many out as early as possible?  So the intention, from my opinion is to get us to buy early to get the interest going and then deal with the fact we'll never get the promo.  So we buy a phone worth upwards of $2000 no charger no earbuds no micro-sd card slot, no headphone jack, and then stiff us from getting ear buds?  I think Samsung is becoming way too greedy and I think they are following in apples ways of manipulating people to buy.  This is not the Samsung I used to know and it seems that greed is our doing I hope they come around and  honor the people that bought the phones early all of them not 17500.  So math goes like this giving away only 17500 yet there will be over 100k unsold in BestBuy or stores and sold how many S21 to people who jump the gun early at the price of $2000 appox.  Where is the logic in that?

Hi Laura,

I don't know if you have taken time to read this whole forum but we all feel duped.

I pre-ordered the Galaxy S21 Ultra 512GB online on January 28th after trying to do it with an agent.

I got 1 email to say an order had been made. The email had no confirmation number. Then it was silence for 2 weeks.

After reading about the issues other clients were having and realising that I would probably receive the device too late to redeem the Galaxy Buds Pro and the Galaxy Tags I called customer service. Everytime I called or chatted I got conflicting information. The only accurate information I was consistently getting was here, on the forum, from other clients.

Nobody ever contacting me to tell me that the 512GB model was no longer available. I learned that on the forum from another customer.

I made an official complaint which didn't receive an answer for over 1 week. In the meantime I had the chance to talk to an agent who fixed everything for me. After he fixed my issues I got a reply about my complaint which said the complete opposite of what the agent had done. On top of that the person who replied to my complaint took the liberty to change my order to a 256GB without first confirming with me. The reason I had ordered the 512GB wasn't for the storage. It was because it's the only model with 16GB of RAM. So if it wasn't available I would've gone with the 128GB.

Yet when I received my device it was actually the 512GB.

When I had the chance to talk to the agent who was really helpful I was seriously considering cancelling my service with Rogers. He is the only reason I stayed.

Rogers needs to do better. If you say that the first 17 000 people to pre-order or order a device get a promo you need to honor that. I was penilised because I pre-ordered the most expensive device yet someone who walked into a Rogers store 10 days after I pre-ordered and gets the S21 Ultra 128GB gets the promo. How is that fair.

Spooky-Action
I plan to stick around
I disagree. The figure of 17500 was written in the initial offer.

It's not Samsung's fault that Rogers was unable to get us our devices on time. This is 100% Rogers responsibility. The promo should have gone to the 17500 first people who pre-ordered or ordered and not to the first 17500 people who got their phones

Curtisd
I'm here a lot
I got it finished the process today it is to get a promo code to get the ear buds and tile tracker

Curtisd
I'm here a lot
Don't delay though only have till April 30th to claim.

Curtisd
I'm here a lot

Got my ear buds today so that email requesting the purchase info and imei was legit if you pre-ordered and didn't get them contact Samsung and complain lol you'll get them

GaryD
I plan to stick around

Yes it might be legit but when I ordered  my S21 Ultra Rogers decided to deliver it in Feb, not January.  They said it was backordered so I had to wait.  Instead of getting the order in and having the paper work for the actual order and activation of a new Jan22nd I ended up waiting for the phone to arrive and only then was I able to get the IMEI.  So according to Rogers I don't have a record of when I purchased it because it's on a financing plan.  

Curtisd
I'm here a lot
Mine is too but you should have an email from when you pre-ordered it in January that is "proof of purchase" same thing happened to me and they accepted it

whatisthisplace
I plan to stick around

@Curtisd Hi may you tell me how I can still get it from Samsung? because I phoned them allot and they keep telling me only the e-voucher redemption through that received device can receive it others mentioned Samsung say. Perhaps a specific Samsung phone number and mentioning? Or just reference to them that I want it by pre-ordered IMEI and information?

@whisthisplace
I contacted them(Samsung)via online chat not my cell provider and then they emailed me out of the blue about it. That being said I'm sure if you contact them via chat and then email them your imei and purchase info(including your original preorder email verifying your preorder) they should approve you

whatisthisplace
I plan to stick around
Thank you, I tried and now I'm expecting the Buds Pro and Tag to arrive as I was confirmed. I wonder about the other pre-orders that didn't do it and will still think that they can't receive the promotion. Perhaps Samsung only responds to such requests after the promotion ended too.
Topic Stats