cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Visual Voicemail

Zotak
I've been here awhile

Hi Rogers, when are you going this feature that been available for years on Android and forever on iPhone?!?

*Added Labels*

39 REPLIES 39

Re: Android Visual Voicemail

Nens
I'm here a lot
Yup Call Telus tomorrow check if they have Android messagesr RCS chat active too

kelcel2000
I plan to stick around

what is  Android messagesr RCS chat

It's like Apple messenger you can see when they read your message and when they riding something

qbattersby
I've been around

I am super disappointed we dont have Android Visual Voicemail as well. The fact I have to call a number to check my voicemail on apparently the leading provider in Canada is ridiculous. This is merely cause for more CRTC intervention. Rogers fix this. It is nearly 2020.

cstl3722
I plan to stick around
It's time to support it.... Telus does since a few months already and the feature is supported by Google's Phone application since years ! It's a shame to pay $7/month for such a basic feature.....

phoenixp
I'm here a lot

Maybe it is worth switching service providers, since I've already bought out my phone anyway.  I am tired of checking my voicemail 4 times a day from spam callers just to get rid of the notification.  As someone earlier said: it's nearly 2020, Rogers is huge, and this is shameful.

RD21
I've been here awhile

I'm going to add my vote for Rogers to make this a priority!  In the past week I've had a lot of spam robo-calls, I tried blocking the numbers but that just makes them leave a 2 second quiet voicemail (Another suggestions: delete messages that are too short!).

VVM would make using voicemail a lot easier and it's one of those small but very useful technology improvements that should be in common use by now.

kavkaz
I plan to stick around
sounds like a pure money grap. no VVM no wearable plans for Samsung watches.. Rogers is so behind. as soon as Telus has 5 G I may switch because of those basic but life-changing features

nick73
I've been here awhile

I am using Fido and am also waiting for this feature to be available and would like to understand why it's simply not available with Fido/Rogers but by the look of this thread there's simply no answer. 

phriday_matters
I've been here awhile

I'm digging up this old thread hopefully Rogers will start listening.

To clarify, Yes Rogers did in the past offer VVM for years and years. Ive had it working on my android for atleast 5 years. It did stop working a few years back but then started working again. Only the past month has it stopped  working.   While trying to troubleshoot it , I did a factory reset the application, I dont know if it will come back 😞 .

said "While I'd really like to provide you with the reasoning behind the decision to discontinue the Visual Voicemail several years back,"

I am guessing , the reason is licensing and the cost involved.

For all you iPhone users, these features are licensed thru third parties, even apple does that.  But for a carrier the cost is minuscule. But I guess Rogers doesn't want to do that without adding a premium component.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
This was one of the reasons I moved to Telus recently. I couldn't handle the old . Voicemail system. Android Visual Voicemail is great on my Note 10

BlueSkiesTruth
I plan to stick around
KelCel2000 you were a little rude towards the Rogers team here. They tried to explain they don't know where the feature went and if it's coming back. Anyways, how is Telus treating you? This is a vote for Rogers to include this feature please. But I hear the price of vvm is going up too.

lindsayfamily
I've been here awhile

I also want the proper NATIVE Android VMM, the OLD Rogers VMM app, was the worst thing ever, and I never want that to come back.

I will also be moving all of my phones (5) to Telus to get VMM.

I started a thread in 2015 for this feature to be added, and it's always the same from Rogers, "we don't know", "we offer this terrible alternative"

NOT good enough.

It's a freaking IMAP server where the VM audio files are stored, it's native in the OS now (and has been for 7 years now). Imagine iPhone users not having their OS level VMM at launch, heads would have been rolling!

@ BlueSkiesTruth

Maybe gremlins ate it?

You're misunderstanding the concept of a support team. They said they dont know the reasons for its discontinuation.  Which they should since they represent Rogers.

Its a basic feature in today's world.  Rogers is being a third world provider by not including it.

Chris_Roland
I've been around

I have had an iPhone with Rogers since the first iPhone. Recently decided to switch to Android. For this one feature alone it is almost worth switching to another provider. I hope Rogers actually listens to their customer's complaints and adds this feature. I am sitting here on the line listening to voicemail like I was back in the early 2000's. Ridiculous. 

Welp, I've waited 7 years, I'm done.

Taking all lines to Telus.

Thanks for nothing Rogers.

Jayh00
I've been here awhile

Do you guys have a feature request forum?

Hey @Jayh00,

Thanks for your inquiry and welcome to the Rogers community! 🙂

We don't have a specific form that customers can fill out to make new feature requests, however, we are happy to pass along your feedback for further review and consideration. 

Cheers!

RogersLaura

I just switched from Telus to Rogers. When I talked to the person helping me with my order,  I specifically told them I wanted Visual Voice Mail on my Pixel Phone. They seemed to understand what I wanted and said they set it up at a $7.00 charge.  I just put the Rogers sim in my phone after porting my number and I don't see the Visual Voice Mail button anymore. I've tried phoning several times each time the rip telling me they fixed it. 

I should have checked this forum, are you serious, am I reading wrong? This feature is not available on Rogers? I would never have switched to Rogers if you're reps didn't misinform me and now I have ot go through the trouble of switching back!!

Topic Stats