cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

double billed

brucebeach142
I've been here awhile

When I decided to add Ignite TV to my disabled son's internet service never ever did I expect to be double billed for the past 14 months starting in October 2022. Rogers, instead of using the address of the existing internet service and add the Ignite TV to that account, created a new address by adding ## in front of the Unit number therefore creating a whole new account and did not cancel the original. 

I could not figure out why the bill was so high until a rep contacted me about an offer and then we discovered it and of course from there the discrepency went to the back office. I was contacted by the back office and was told Rogers owes me over $1300 due to their error of not disconnecting. 

This has been going on for a month and I have been told so many different things that I complained and was contacted by the office of the President and you know what all I want is the money owed to me!! Once a refund owed is recognized by the supplier, that supplier has 7 days by law, to refund the consumer. I am beyond upset and with Christmas just around the corner. What does Rogers care? Makes me sick.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: double billed

RogersZia

Good evening @brucebeach142,

Welcome to the Community!

This is a disappointing experience for sure, do you know if a specific individual is assigned to you for the escalation? If yes, then have they set up any expectations on the next steps?

I sincerely hope this issue is resolved in an expedient manner. If you still require us to check the status of the refund, please let us know and we'd love to help.

RogersZia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersZia

Good evening @brucebeach142,

Welcome to the Community!

This is a disappointing experience for sure, do you know if a specific individual is assigned to you for the escalation? If yes, then have they set up any expectations on the next steps?

I sincerely hope this issue is resolved in an expedient manner. If you still require us to check the status of the refund, please let us know and we'd love to help.

RogersZia

brucebeach142
I've been here awhile

Yes an adviser from the office of the president after I filed a formal complaint. This has been going on for almost 4 weeks with the refund being calculated and recognized by a back office employee on November 23rd/23. He called me and informed that the refund would be arriving shortly and by law I should have received it within 7 days from Rogers. I have been given the run around to the full extend and all I want ia my refund deposited back into my bank account ( as discussed numerous times with the O of P ) before Christmas. The refund is no small amount being more than $1300!! Any help would soooo appreciated! 

You have my permission to view my account and all the correspondence and notes about this matter. **Removed contact info - Keep personal info private**

Good evening @brucebeach142 please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can check the status of the refund for you.

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation