cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why a hard hit credit check?

Opv25
I've been around

I've been with Rogers for 5 years now. I called last week as my Bill is ridiculously high for internet and home phone. Sorted out got a ref # and I was to get the ignite. No one showed up to my scheduled appt. I called back they said now they have to run a credit check. And that it was going to be a hard hit. Why is that? Not even a soft hit but hard hit and none of your advisors can explain why just say it's the way it is. What will my credit score show that you haven't seen in the last 5 years with you. I might as well go to bell if I'm gonna get a new search done.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why a hard hit credit check?

RogersMoin

Hello, @Opv25.

We appreciate your post, and welcome to our Community!

Thank you for being a member of the Rogers family for five years. Mostly, it's an internal credit evaluation for our existing members. We can look into what prompted an external credit check on your account. 

Also, we can help migrate your legacy services to the Ignite platform. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersMoin

Hello, @Opv25.

We appreciate your post, and welcome to our Community!

Thank you for being a member of the Rogers family for five years. Mostly, it's an internal credit evaluation for our existing members. We can look into what prompted an external credit check on your account. 

Also, we can help migrate your legacy services to the Ignite platform. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

yunier850710
I plan to stick around

Hey guys, i need to know if there is a way to remove the hard credit check from you, i have 3 hard credit check from rogers and that's hurting my credit score. thanks

SwimSnowTimmy
I've been here awhile

If the first one was from activating a new service, then yes 1 external credit check would be done, provided that you gave authorization.  If they asked you for two pieces of ID, consider it as you giving them consent to an external check as that is what they need to perform it.  For the other two checks, that is extremely alarming as if you were to add a line, provided that your account is in good standing, would just be an internal check, not an external.  I've dealt with this before.  I would be calling the fraud department of TransUnion to place an alert on your account because anyone that would be doing an external credit check (regardless of who they are) on you HAS to get your permission before they are able to proceed.  It's a bit of a pain when you apply for anything, but it's a good security setting to have because now you have the control.  TransUnion is pretty good with going through the steps.  Be persistent, patient and above all else, collect a paper trail.  Hope that helps.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 in conversation