cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy with Likewize's Support

priyanaidu
I've been around

Hi all, dont know if this is the right place to post this question or not, but I really need help. I have premium device protection from likewize and I lost my phone about a week back. I put in a request for lost phone but my claim was denied. From that day im trying to get in contact with them but there is no answer. Only rogers people answer the phone but they say they cant help me due to confidentiality issue and i should wait for likewize people to contact me. I ve been calling everyday but no one is helping me out, does anyone know what to do in this situation? Do I just need to wait for them to call me coz I dont see any response from likewize

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unhappy with Likewize's Support

RogersZia

Hello @priyanaidu,

Welcome to the Community!

I can imagine how frustrating this issue must be for you. Please reach out to our Device Protection support team at 1-855-877-3887. The hours of operation are Mon – Fri: 8am - Midnight ET and Sat & Sun: 8am - 10pm ET. You can also fill out a service request at rogers.com/servicerequest.

RogersZia

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

RogersZia

Hello @priyanaidu,

Welcome to the Community!

I can imagine how frustrating this issue must be for you. Please reach out to our Device Protection support team at 1-855-877-3887. The hours of operation are Mon – Fri: 8am - Midnight ET and Sat & Sun: 8am - 10pm ET. You can also fill out a service request at rogers.com/servicerequest.

RogersZia

jamessmith24
I've been around

It is beyond any rational thinking how Rogers have not terminated their service agreement with likewise, literally everything likewise does is set-up to delay and inaccurately request service requests which results massive frustration for customers. I would suggest Rogers terminate their agreement with likewise or completely restructure their management and processes.

Sunnyjz
I've been around

The exact something just happened to me and I’m travelling and now have no phone and my request was ‘denied’ for the exact thing I pay monthly coverage for.

sivaranjani
I've been here awhile

same thing happening with me

NateAwran
I'm here a lot

This company is simply crooks and liars. I was robbed on New Years Eve and had my phone stolen.

They asked me for Proof of Address from their list on their website. After explaining to them I do not have anything on the list they essentially told me "too bad". Rogers called them on my behalf and I spoke with Tier 2 group twice. Each time they told me over the phone that due to my circumstances they can take my Wireless Service Agreement as Proof.

Each time I sent it in they have rejected it, basically lying to me over the phone.

This company is inherently useless. I need my phone for my job and being without one has compromised my livelihood and ability to earn income. Likewize refuse to do their jobs due to a loophole and the fact I don't have any the bills that they accept as "Proof". I have offered bank statements and even my SIN but still no service.

Likewize are essentially scammers and are not legitimate in how they deal with customers.

I was mugged on NYE and have been treated the same by the company as I was by my assailants. Shame on Likewize as well as Rogers for setting up camp with a company as useless and vindictive as Likewize.

Do yourself a favor and never sign a contract or a premium protection plan with this company. They will railroad you and refuse service if they have any ability to do so. I have not had a phone for 25 days due to their inept service.

Also, do not use Rogers for premium as this is their 3rd party company they work through. Rogers will say it's in-between you and Likewize when they are called out. Rogers is also complicit in lying and not helping customers when they are actually needed for once.

All in all, Likewize operates with ill intent and has no intention of helping you unless forced to do so. Very poorly run, inhumane company that lacks respect for the people who line their pockets.

Worse money I have ever spent on a service.

Would not recommend to my worst enemy. Terrible service, even worse staff and a standard of ineptitude that is so bad it is almost impressive

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR PHONE PROTECTION.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Likewize Cons: Lie to customers, Create loopholes to justify no service, Nearly impossible to get a hold of, Terrible employees.

kittywillbe
I've been around
Oh yeah LikeWize, formally known as Brightstar, is a terrible company to have any issues with. They will give you the run around for months. I’m still dealing with an issue originally started November of 2022. I’ve called them over 30 times, and it keeps getting stranger and more frustrating. Find another insurance company, don’t waste your time and money.

They rejected my claim saying I provided misleading information and when i asked what was misleading i mean they could have misinterpreted my info or whatever they said its legal stuff they cannot let me, i meantioned the only thing was i had different addresses on my phone bill and delivery address for the phone i got from apple for a reason the get went ballistic saying i stated the wrong info or somEthing.

Simon2k4
I've been around

It's evident that I'm not alone in grappling with the inadequacies of Likewize and Rogers. As a freelance social media manager who operates a small business account, my phone is my lifeline. It's not just a communication device, it's a crucial instrument for my work and income. Given this, I requested a replacement phone instead of sending mine out for repair, a process that would leave me phoneless for days.

Yet, they seem to struggle to manage their process effectively. When I inquired about a loaner phone to use during the repair period, I was informed that such an option doesn't exist. Hoping to expedite the process, I proposed visiting an approved repair shop, only to be told none were accessible nearby. Out of curiosity, I extended the question to encompass other cities or even provinces, but the outcome was still the same: no available stores.

Despite their website implying they accommodate walk-in services, it seems that no such provision exists within the entire country. This is incredibly frustrating, especially considering the monthly premium I pay for this coverage. The dismal workings of their process leaves me baffled and disheartened. I struggle to comprehend how a service can mishandle customer relations so flagrantly. It's truly unacceptable.

If improvements are not forthcoming, I find myself with no other option but to cancel my plan and seek a more reliable provider elsewhere.

im afraid the same thing is happening to me. very sad, claimed i had "misleading information...  very disheartening. simply replying with the same number isnt good enough, rogers. i will have to change providers when the time allows 😞 

Likewize...it must mean something like "incredibly incompetent" in a different language.  They do not have my coverage catalogued properly; their info lists my previous iPhone as the phone that is covered.  On my Rogers bill it clearly lists my current phone as the device that is covered.  Each time I call them they say things like, process, waiting for corporate, need to wait 48 hours.  I pay $15 a month to avoid this kind or garbage and now when I need their support they are useless.  Rogers is not much better, they are just using Likewize to deflect. Trying to get hold of a person at Rogers, to get this resolved is a problem.  A "bot" will respond to this concern saying things like, we are sorry...we know this is frustrating...please call 1 855 877 3887...as if I have not already done that already and spoken to someone at a call centre who can do nothing to help me, they tell me I need to call Likewize.  Rogers does not care.

informed that my claim is rejected and insurance team have communicated my the reason of rejection which was not the case, I was being ill treated right from the start of this process. Then I visited the Rogers store from where I purchased the device and did same for next two months repeatedly, in the evening 12th of Nov, I some how received an email stating my claim is accepted and I need to call care team for further process, and very mext day when I called them they refused this email and said that it is still rejected, I still have the proof of that email, and till now more than two have been passed and I have not received the phone through claim and still paying insurance, and after all this hassle again I went to Rogers store they informed me that My insurance was approved but again it got rejected , I don’t understand how come claim is approved and rejected the very next day and even they are refusing that it was approved and also I continued paying insurance amount for the phone which I don’t have with me as well. I strongly condemn this and will make sure that none of my known, friends and family would ever join rogers and Likewize. As they make life . for their customers.

Anmol181098
I've been here awhile

I lost my cellphone and it was covered with premium device protection which included if the phone is lost or stolen i will be given a new device under this plan. I reported the lost incident to rogers and they in return asked me to report the incident to Likewize which i immediately did but unfortunately it was rejected without any valid reason. Then I tried contacting customer care of Likewize and after number of calls and investing ample of time and energy and even after paying my insurance amount, the insurance team qas very informal and rude while talking to me, there was a female talking, she was absolutely ridiculous and didn’t even know how to talk to the customer (who is suffering from Trauma given by Rogers and Likewize), then she hunged the call without even answering my questions and explaing the reason of rejection. And again when I tried contacting insurance team, I was always informed that my claim is rejected and insurance team have communicated my the reason of rejection which was not the case, I was being ill treated right from the start of this process. Then I visited the Rogers store from where I purchased the device and did same for next two months repeatedly, in the evening 12th of Nov, I some how received an email stating my claim is accepted and I need to call care team for further process, and very mext day when I called them they refused this email and said that it is still rejected, I still have the proof of that email, and till now more than two have been passed and I have not received the phone through claim and still paying insurance, and after all this hassle again I went to Rogers store they informed me that My insurance was approved but again it got rejected , I don’t understand how come claim is approved and rejected the very next day and even they are refusing that it was approved and also I continued paying insurance amount for the phone which I don’t have with me as well. I strongly condemn this and will make sure that none of my known, friends and family would ever join rogers and Likewize. As they make life . for their customers.

Abhi12344
I've been here awhile
They did same to me.. decline by saying mieading information but no one explains what is misleading. They are cheaters and fraud.

yushihi
I've been here awhile

Same problem, reported phone lost filled in info, emailed to  likewize, called them every 2 business days and 21 day later rejected due to "intentionally misleading" I don't even know what was misleading as you only fill in the claims form and a copy of your ID.  I have file a complaint with the BBB, and still trying to contact someone at rogers.  When I brought the insurance protection plan I was not informed it was through a third party insurance otherwise I wouldn't even bother, instead of being so frustrated now.  I am still emailing and calling them until their "asset management department" calls me back.  Their customer Service although pleasant are completely useless to help always stating that their " Asset Department" will be calling in 1 to 2 business days.  I think Rogers should be responsible as it was their staff who sold the insurance.  

GHAURI
I've been around

Likewise, they are not professional people I canceled my service they deducted money from my card I asked him to return the money they said We can't return your money, even though they were telling a lie we tried to return it but the card was back, I said why I block my card if something happened like that you should inform me, but they said we can not do anything, I will not recommend their service please becare full and rogers should take the action against them.

I lost my device back on January 07. I did claim online and i got reply that have to submit documents. I did submitted documents and they say proof of address document have to resubmit and have to go to bank and get letter from bank. Did submitted document but they rejected after that they say have to get lease of agreement and get Hydro bill from your owners. Did submitted all documents they ask and they rejected the claim without giving any valid information. I did call them and they say have to wait 2 business days to get call back. Did ask for Manager for 2 or 3 times but they always say Manager system is not working or they are unable to take the call yet.

Miller1
I've been here awhile
There's no solution at all! You got me to pay well over $450 for a broken phone. Yous refuse to send me a new phone. Seems pretty criminal to me. I have been dealing with this since December 2023. Please stop saying you have a solution when the truth is your lieing. I have call logs with proof that I have called 41 times since December.

I am clearly not alone in saying I am extremely unhappy with Likewize.  @Rogers, is it possible that you and your customers are having the wool pulled over our eyes? Is this a real company, or a just some phone operators in a room somewhere? All I know is that we paid for the service for over a year, asked for a repair on January 28, and they don't seem to have a repair facility, or even a contract with a repair facility.  "a ticket has been opened". What does that mean, where do I bring the phone?" "We have to get back to you".  "Hello, me again, do you know where I can send/bring the phone for repair?" "A ticket has been opened".  It was already opened.  "A ticket for the escalation has also been opened".  I have spent hours calling them.  Rogers called them also for me, while I was on hold.  He came back and said he was assured a ticket has been created.  On March 8, the Likewize rep told me again, a ticket was created and at the end of the call said "Friendly reminder, if you don't close the service request within 60 days it is closed". What? You need to action the service request!  She said that she recognized I was trying to complete the request, but it would still be closed March 27th if not completed.  Today, March 12, still no answers from this company.  Rogers, you have collected about 140$  for my so called worry free device protection, I still owe more than four hundred dollars for a phone that I can't use.  I paid this money because Rogers said "Worry-Free Protection" "Fast Service" "Trustworthy Repairs". Warning to all - don't bother. 

JUSTIN32
I've been around
I can not believe Rogers associates their company with such a negligent company like Likewise. It has made me rethink my 3 accounts with rogers and actively looking for a new service provider. DO NOT GO WITH LIKEWISE DEVICE PROTECTION. Samsung or Apple Device Protection I assume would be a much better option. The worst company I have EVER dealt with. I received a replacement device and sent back my old device 4 days later on Jan 10th, 2024. Received by Likewise January 15th, confirmed through Likewise and Canada Post. Then February 3rd, Likewise made an unauthorized charge of $896 for unreturned device. Now it's March 14th and have made multiple escalations with Likewise with no correspondence or resolution. I had to take it to TD dispute department which they are great and will be handling it. Also contacted consumer protection agency of British Columbia and the Better Business Bureau for further investigation. This is unacceptable, especially in these times of people struggling with the cost of inflation to be such an inefficient, corrupt business like this. And contacted rogers multiple times with upper management emails which had no record of anything and would not help saying that they were not responsible for anything to do with Likewise as they are different company. Funny cause I submitted my claim on the rogers website and they charge me for device protection. Just pathetic and I have now learned, Rogers is just as incompetent at being there for their customers. My recommendation, don't use rogers or their device protection. They do not have your best interest at heart. Good luck
Topic Stats