cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Upgrade After Recent Address Change/Move

CW7
I've been here awhile

I have been with Rogers well over 20+ years. I recently moved from my home (where we lived for 18 years). I wanted to upgrade 2/3 phones on my account and learned I cannot process this request, online, until THREE MONTHS after the change of address date. I asked the customer service rep (via online chat) multiple times 'why' I cannot request the upgrades. I was told if it was an emergency I could go 'in store' to request an upgrade. I challenged the thinking asking "what if I had mobility issues" (part of the reason we moved) and it was not answered.

Can someone please explain WHY I am unable to request an upgrade, online, for three months following an address change?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to Upgrade After Recent Address Change/Move

RogersZia

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post @CW7,

New upgrade sounds exciting, and I appreciate you sharing your feedback. To ensure account security and prevent fraud we cannot complete upgrades over the phone/social media/live chat if the billing address has been changed within the past 30 days. However you can definitely upgrade at a retail location with valid photo identification and proof of your new address. 

Good luck with the new devices. Please let us know if you have any further questionsRobot Happy.

RogersZia

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

RogersZia

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post @CW7,

New upgrade sounds exciting, and I appreciate you sharing your feedback. To ensure account security and prevent fraud we cannot complete upgrades over the phone/social media/live chat if the billing address has been changed within the past 30 days. However you can definitely upgrade at a retail location with valid photo identification and proof of your new address. 

Good luck with the new devices. Please let us know if you have any further questionsRobot Happy.

RogersZia

CW7
I've been here awhile

Thank you! It would have been helpful (and avoided frustration on my part) had the customer service rep replied with this answer.

Hey @CW7,

Happy to help :)!  I'm glad you posted here to clarify. Feel free to reach out to us if you ever have any other inquiries!

Thank you for being part of the Rogers Community Forums.

RogersZia

Yevy
I've been around
It would want to upgrade online because I can I can save 35 dollars for connection fee and there is 100 dollars credit. So now i have just change my billing address but I cant avail that promo? Is there any way they can update it in the store then I can upgrade online ofter?

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Yevy,

Welcome to the community!

Totally understandable as a customer to want to take advantage of new promotions! If you're past the window with assistance from our Rogers Concierge department for moving your service you're welcome to send us a PM @CommunityHelps and we can review what options are available for your account. If you are not familiar with our private messaging system you can check out our Blog.

RogersAndy

Nina815
I plan to stick around

Just called to speak with Rogers now about a phone upgrade. I was told I would have to wait 30 days unless I go to a Rogers Store. The stores are closed right now, not really sure when they will open again. Has anyone been able to do this through Rogers or am i just out of luck. They changed my plan but couldn't upgrade the phone. My phones mic stopped working. 😞

Good evening @Nina815 and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums :)!

I realize how important it is to have a functioning phone. To ensure account security and prevent fraud we cannot complete upgrades over the phone/social media/live chat if the billing address has been changed within the past 30 days. 

However, keeping current situation in mind and as the situation continues to evolve, I would recommend you to please visit our store locator page for the latest updates on store closures and hours of operation.

Hope this helps!

RogersZia

emiy
I've been here awhile

This is very inconvenient. You should at least be able to confirm online or over the phone. 

emiy
I've been here awhile

Would also be helpful for this to be mentioned beforehand. 

wcyandy
I've been around

I'm encountering a problem when I was trying to upgrade my phone and plan.  I moved to a new place in North York, Toronto last week and changed my billing address online. When I was trying to upgrade my phone and plan yesterday, I was told that I'm not eligible to upgrade within 30 days after the address change.  I reached out to online chat,  called the service number, called the local store. But I still have the problem unsolved.  Here are my questions: 

1. I was told by an online agent that I would be blocked until the next bill date, which is Nov 23, 2020. After then, I should be able to upgrade online;  But the agent on the phone told me I will be blocked for the next 30 days. Which one is correct?   Is there any way to fix it? 

2. I was told the only way to upgrade now is to visit a local store.  I called a couple of those stores, but none of them have the phone model I need in stock (Moto Edge+).  How can I find the store that has the correct model I need? 

3. As I noticed, the black Friday promotion of 55 credits and the waived 45 setup fee is online exclusive.  Is there any way I can still enjoy it in the store?  I'd love to upgrade online, but I'm forced to go to the store due to the technical issue. 

I would appreciate it if anyone has any insight or advice. 

Hey @wcyandy!

It's great having you as part of our community and thank you for your first post! 

We also received a PM from you and I have responded to your questions (hopefully, to your satisfaction!). 😊 If you have further questions or concerns, feel free to submit another post in the community or you may continue with our existing conversation in private. 

Kind regards!

RogersLaura

murtuza
I've been around

I want to upgrade my phone to iPhone pro max and take advantage of current offer of AirPods, I was on final step of checking out and was not able to change shipping address (since working from home wanted to ship at home) I tried several times and there was edit in shipping address but it would take you to pervious screen where there was no option to change shipping address... so we went to profile tab and changed billing address - there was no warning that we will not be able to upgrade our device after that , called store, customer service no one can help ... this is insane in covid environment there should be an option to add shipping address and there should be a warning when changing address that you will it be unable to upgrade your hardware !!

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 in conversation