cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THREE problems - still unsolved

captadv
I've been here awhile

At this point, I'm looking at Bell.

First, I wish to use outlook 365 for my email client on my computer. After over a year they're now saying "no problem". (That was a month ago).   Still not fixed.

Second, I have a new (purchased from rogers cellphone) - no email on it. Two weeks so far.

Third, rogers suddenly took away channels on my tv that I've had for over 10 years! They say it was a "fluke" that I got them (a 10year+ fluke?).

It seems that anytime I have an issue - I have to contact the office of the president to get anything done.

I've spend hours (over 10) on the phone / chat trying to get things fixed.  No luck. I don't have endless time to be sitting on the phone/chat when they keep doing the same thing over and over again.

Can anyone tell my why I should stick with rogers?

**Labels Added**

3 REPLIES 3

Re: THREE problems - still unsolved

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@captadv wrote:

1. First, I wish to use outlook 365 for my email client on my computer. 

2. I have a new (purchased from rogers cellphone) - no email on it.

3. rogers suddenly took away channels on my tv that I've had for over 10 years! 

1. Outlook 365 (subscription version used in "new" mode) should work.  Quite a few of us have it working since late 2023 since it doesn't require an App Password.  See the link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Can-t-create-App-password/m-p/524346/highlight/true#M...

2.  Which e-mail app are you trying to use? Which make/model phone do you have? Gmail works on an Android phone and Apple Mail works on an iPhone (or iPad).  These do not require an App Password, but may require MFA via a cell phone upon initial setup. If you're trying to use Outlook on your phone, unfortunately that app still requires an App Password, so you'll be out of luck with that unless Outlook is updated to work without an App PW sometime in the future.  Rogers is not going to fix the App PW issue as mentioned in the link above and many other threads on this forum.

Many people are switching to Gmail, Yahoo! (not Rogers/Yahoo!) or their own domain.  Gmail can "fetch" your e-mails from your Rogers e-mail servers.  I'm not sure about Yahoo! Mail.  Switching e-mail to a different provider (like Bell) is not recommended because you may end up in the same boat.

The writing appears to be on the wall for Rogers e-mail - it may take years, but see link below:

https://www.rogers.com/support/internet/rogers-yahoo-mail-change-faq

3. Sometimes, if people do not switch to a different bundle for a long time, channels that were available are no longer available, even on the same bundle.  If you switched bundles recently, then this happens all the time with some channels no longer available on the new bundle without paying separately for them or for a theme.

captadv
I've been here awhile

Hi there - thanks for the reply!

#1 - yes, its a licensed version (subscription) of outlook 365. My issue is that I have THREE rogers email accounts that I use for different purposes (personal, business, subscriptions). I need access to all three. Currently only one is working.

#2 its a brand spanking new S24+ (samsung). I need access to TWO email accounts on it (business/personal). Rogers can't get ONE to work.

I probably will switch to gmail as I'm more towards going with bell (not that they're much better - but I'm paying a lot now for no service.

#3 - I havent switched anything on my TV for at least 4 years. The channels in question I have had for well over 10 years. By removing them I have a degradation in service.

Lastly, the biggest problem is two fold - I don't have hours of time to sit on the phone/chat with their tech support only for them to keep trying the same thing over and over. It seems that if I wany any issue/problem resolved I have to contact the "office of the president".  Even then (such as my email / outlook issue) it doesn't get resolved.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@captadv wrote:

1. My issue is that I have THREE rogers email accounts that I use for different purposes (personal, business, subscriptions). I need access to all three. Currently only one is working.

2 its a brand spanking new S24+ (samsung). I need access to TWO email accounts on it (business/personal). Rogers can't get ONE to work.

#3 - I havent switched anything on my TV for at least 4 years. The channels in question I have had for well over 10 years. By removing them I have a degradation in service.

4. Lastly, the biggest problem is two fold - I don't have hours of time to sit on the phone/chat with their tech support only for them to keep trying the same thing over and over. It seems that if I wany any issue/problem resolved I have to contact the "office of the president".  Even then (such as my email / outlook issue) it doesn't get resolved.

1. In Outlook you may need to "create" new accounts to get them working.  Obviously need to do a backup in case things go wrong and need to revert. Contact Outlook or search the web to see how to set these up.  Rogers is unlikely to be any help.

2. Are you trying to use Outlook on the phone or a different app?  If Outlook, you won't be able to add another account. If another app, try a web search since again, Rogers is unlikely to help.

3. Even if you don't switch anything knowingly on your TV, if you switch bundles, that changes the TV portion and can affect channels. For example, if you go to a different Internet speed, that will force a bundle switch and the TV channels will change to whatever the latest offering is. For example, Total vs Premier.

4. Totally agree.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation