cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service set up fee

KMR20
I've been around

I upgrade my device on both lines at costco ( 2 lines same account) I was told that the service set up fee is waived. When I received my first bill, I had a charge of $50 for both device for service set up fee. I chat with customer service 2x and I was told that I received a hardware credit fee that offset the service set up fee. It was confusing. The agent keep telling me that the hardware upgrade fee and service set up is just the same. Then why I still see a service set up fee charge on my bill?
As per my understanding you only get charge a hardware upgrade fee if you didnt finish your contract, but mine ended like more than 2 years ago.
So in this case I feel like, The service set up fee was not actually waived.

*** Edited Labels ***

Any similar cases? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Service set up fee

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@KMR20  You need to look at the paperwork that the Costco Wireless kiosk folks made you sign before processing the the upgrade.  In my case, they could waive the setup fees if I cancelled my old plan and signed up for a new plan.  However, if I upgraded my phone but kept my current plan, then I would get charged the $50 setup fee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Service set up fee

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@KMR20  You need to look at the paperwork that the Costco Wireless kiosk folks made you sign before processing the the upgrade.  In my case, they could waive the setup fees if I cancelled my old plan and signed up for a new plan.  However, if I upgraded my phone but kept my current plan, then I would get charged the $50 setup fee.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation