cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Incapable of Sending SMS to Another Carrier?

Woody33
I plan to stick around

I just tried to update my cell number in the Contact Information area.  Before it commits the change, it attempts to send an SMS to the number you have entered.  The only problem is the verificaiton code NEVER gets sent.  My internet is with Rogers, but my phone is on Virgin.  It appears that Rogers may be filtering where the SMS verification code gets sent?  Searching other posts, I see some have reported it in the past, but I never saw any resolution.

Anyone else experience this?  I'd like to have my cell number in the contact area for repair visit notification, etc.

*** Edited Labels ***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Rogers Incapable of Sending SMS to Another Carrier?

Woody33
I plan to stick around

Nevermind - just read the small print on the website - Rogers or Fido numbers only.  What?!?

Re: Rogers Incapable of Sending SMS to Another Carrier?

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
When I signed up for my internet and TV account, years ago, the agent added my cell phone to the account (it's Not with a Rogers or Fido provider).

However, whenever I get asked to have a verification code sent to my phone (login to my Rogers), I choose the option for email (since the text option will not work for other providers).

If I needed a tech service visit, I was still able to receive the texts from Rogers, letting me know where the Rogers van was, while on its way to my home.

If you don't see an option for email verification (perhaps a drop-down arrow/menu), just call Rogers to get your cell number added to your account (or, perhaps ask the mods to do it). 📱☎️
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation