cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned equipment, over an year ago. Now being charged.

Riddle89
I've been here awhile

Over a year ago. I returned a modem for my daughter/boyfriend. I packaged it and mailed it.
I had a tracking number, and checked until it showed delivered. Then discarded the receipt.

The modem was in the boyfriend’s name and he was subsequently sent on deployment with the military. He is now home and receiving requests for the cost of the modem. It showed as delivered, I mailed it. He is having zero luck calling the customer service line .

What can I do? I didn’t keep the tracking number (from July 2023), nor can he afford the $ to pay for what was sent back, he had little access to communication during his deployment and did not receive any communication during that time from Rogers?

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Returned equipment, over an year ago. Now being charged.

RogersZia

Hi @Riddle89,

Welcome to the Community!

If the device was returned and received we can definitely try to have the equipment located on our end. Please have the account holder or an authorized user (if applicable) for the account in question to contact us for further assistance.

RogersZia

Riddle89
I've been here awhile
He has tried while on a brief leave. And was told find the receipt from the post office. He told them it is not longer available It was over a year ago and showed as delivered.
The customer service person he spoke to was less than helpful and not understanding what a military deployment entails limited contact with home.

He is still serving and now in a remote location training I am trying to help since I mailed the modem.
How can I help? He cannot call, and sit on hold for hours if he manages a cell service. I returned the modem.

I appreciate the protocol for requesting the receipt but he was unable to deal with anything while on deployment. Who can I speak to to resolve this matter. I am unhappy that he has been treated this way by Rogers. This is causing him additional stress, as this may now affect his good credit score, through no fault of his own except his choice to serve and subsequently be deployed and out of regular contact with home for a long period.

Thank you for taking the time to bring this up to our attention, @Riddle89.

If you are an authorized contact on the account in question, we'd be happy to take a deeper look into this for you.

For further assistance, please send us a message to @CommunityHelps, as we'll need to discuss privately to access the account.

To learn more on our private messaging system, click here. Thanks!

RogersMaude

Riddle89
I've been here awhile

Thanks, and after a few hours of me on the phone, the device was returned and the charge is for a tv streaming device he didn't want or need, and we do not think he ever received.  

A little upset that this was not communicated to him, during several hours of his very short leave on the phone explaining he is in the military and has been away on deployment, they didn't care or understand, just followed the script, unable to deviate.

Thankfully when I called I got through to a manager who was understanding, and able to use common sense that it was physically impossible for him to communicate.  I am still waiting for the response as they are now trying to locate the streaming device.  

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation