cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting and Migration Issue From Shaw Mobility

EWYYC
I've been here awhile

I'm trying to take my daughters phone from Shaw to Virgin but there is an existing port from Freedom to Rogers because to the merger that is not allowing the porting to complete. Virgin tech says this needs to be cancelled for the port to go through from them as it shows up as a duplicate for her number. I have called the line and ended up getting bounced around 4 times with no resolution. Can someone escalte this to get resolved?

***Added Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Porting and Migration Issue From Shaw Mobility

EWYYC
I've been here awhile

I see this is as useful as phoning in to get help...not impressed so far with Rogers support.. at all.

RogersJo
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Greetings @EWYYC

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and we're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.  We'd be sad to see you go. 😥 I just have a few questions for you in hopes of getting down to the bottom of this:

Has your number been successfully migrated over to our Rogers platform yet since you last posted?

What is the reason for porting over to Virgin?

In order for Virgin to send a port request, your number would have to be successfully migrated over to Rogers first and then a port request can commence. We'd be more than happy to take a further look into this issue in the event that it has yet to be resolved. Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. If you're not familiar on how our Private Messaging works, you can find out more here.  

Looking forward to hearing from you,

RogersJo 

EWYYC
I've been here awhile

When I put the Rogers sim in my daughters phone just goes to SOS. Nothing is listed in my rogers account for any service. So I am assuming no, it has not been ported in.

EWYYC
I've been here awhile

1.5 hours on the phone with Rogers to get this fixed and its still not resolved. Must be 5 hours total now trying to get this fixed. Your support is atrocious.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation