cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone was lost after sent in for repairs

Bosshoss46
I plan to stick around

Rogers asks me pay for phone i sent in for camera repair. When my camera on my s20ultra stopped focusing I sent in for repair as I had 1 year warranty. They sent me a loaner while they fixed it. I never received my phone back for 2 months and when I inquired they said they would send me a new one. I asked for my original back as I trained the battery and it lasted forever. After many emails right up to the office of the president I was told they lost my phone. I asked to stop my payment for phone and they refused and continue to bill me for it for over a year now. My contract it up in November and im getting away from this company for good! I never received calls back from president when I was told I would or emails. I have some i could post here if needed. I was threatened with cutting my service off, bad credit rating, loose phone number ive had for over 20yrs right from the office of the present! Then was told not to contact and rogers in any way or I will be canceled immediately! I can post that email....TRUST ME GET AWAY

***Edited Labels***

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Phone was lost after sent in for repairs

RogersJermaine

Greetings @Bosshoss46,

We do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
Have you tried to escalate your situation to the attention of the repair team where you sent your phone?

Thank you for providing your feedback.

Regards
RogersJermaine

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

which repair centre is fixing your phone?  did the repair centre lose your phone or did rogers?

Bosshoss46
I plan to stick around
Did you even read my post

Bosshoss46
I plan to stick around
You see where it say please note this offer is subject to availability......well it wasn't available ! You see what Rogers is all about! I'm still paying for a phone I don't have and never got any credit

@Bosshoss46 wrote:
You see where it say please note this offer is subject to availability......well it wasn't available ! You see what Rogers is all about! I'm still paying for a phone I don't have and never got any credit

When they offered to replace your phone with another one but you refused, this was also part of the problem.  I am not trying to side with Rogers here but when it is being sent away for repair, rogers no longer has control and the authorized service centre who is doing the work has decided to replace it due to fault, it is highly unlikely rogers has the power  to ask them to undo the transaction, no matter how much you insist or escalate it to the top.  The fact of the matter is ,you should have accepted the replacement phone and called it a day and not ask for your old one back because you "trained" your battery.  You can just as easily "train" the battery on the replacement phone you receive.

You have to remember, as more electronics are all integrated and batteries become internal components, this will always be the case, not like the good ol' days where batteries were removable and can be replaced easily by the customer. those days are unfortunately long gone, yes I miss those days too and I am a techie just like you but if someone offered me a replacement phone I would take it in a heart beat even with I have to re-train my battery.

my 2 cents

Bosshoss46
I plan to stick around
Latest update. I talked to Tony in office of the president and he lied and lied and sent me a phone and billed me for UT when he said he would send to replace the lost one! Wow I'm so do e with rogers and my family will never use your service ever! This is absolutely crazy as I've recorded every message and going to take rogers to court now....will post updates....anyone who stays with rogers is nuts, read above they all blame the repair company when it's rogers who creates this

Bosshoss46
I plan to stick around

Tony Williams from the highest escalation team at Rogers is not returning my calls or emails or messages! My contract is up in November and they wanted to top this horrible service by charging me for another phone I don't have! Please read this as it's all true and can prove it all. Come on Pauly let's here another reply from a paid employee of rogers and his " I would have accepted a used phone for my new one "

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Paid employee? umm no way José.   you should have just accepted the phone with what ever battery it came with, this is your first mistake.  I'm not defending rogers but when you try to ask for things outside of the samsung or rogers repair policy like wanting your "trained" battery back,  sorry but this is all on you, if you just accepted what ever phone they were giving you even if it came with an "untrained" battery, then you would never have this problem and would not need to re-escalate to the repair center again? am I right? yes.  I'm not trying to disagree with you, you are entitled to a phone, but now you have a problem and no one wants to fix it I get it, this is  wrong of them, but I dont work for them so I dont know what the solution is, but I DO know some advice for the next guy who has a phone repair problem to NEVER ask for the old "trained" battery back its not worth it, it will open a can of worms or in your case a can of snakes

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation