cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Service Suspension Unpaid Bill

seepen03
I've been around

I am writing to express my deep frustration and seek urgent assistance regarding a series of distressing events linked to my outstanding phone bills with Rogers Communications. My phone was disconnected due to these bills, and when I contacted customer service, I was advised to visit a nearby store to purchase a new phone. I was due for an upgrade in which I received earlier that year the phone I got for the upgrade was stolen. However, I had insurance for my iPhone 14, which I couldn't access because I had no phone to call. I was attacked and robbed in my home, during which the assailant took my phone, passwords, keys, identification, including my driver's license, health cards, and passport. I had to blacklist my phone number since the robber had my password. They gave me a new number which I was unable to access my account since I had the 2 step verification code. So I was told that I can unblacklist my old number to access my account I did that and they said that once I’m done that other number would be canceled.Following this incident, I contacted the police. The customer service at the store was unhelpful and provided false information. When I reached out to Apple, they directed me back to Rogers, but I was continuously given the runaround, preventing me from utilizing the insurance I had been paying for. After numerous attempts, I finally spoke to a manager who was rude, dismissive, and accused me of selling my phone for money, showing no empathy for my traumatic experience. As a transgender person, I felt further disrespected by her repeated use of male pronouns and my former name, which I believe was transphobic. Despite being a long-time customer, I was treated as if I were insignificant, and the manager's behavior was degrading. Unaware that I was paying for both my bills since last August or September, and now my service has been cut off. Given my previous medical history and the additional injury from the robbery, I am in a vulnerable state. I urgently need this issue resolved to avoid further damage to my credit report and undue stress. I hope we can address this promptly and compassionately.
**Removed email due to privacy - Keep personal info private"

***Edited Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Phone Service Suspension Unpaid Bill

RogersZia

Good evening @seepen03,

Welcome to the Community!

It's truly sad to read about your ordeal 😞 I understand it's a lot to deal with. I hope things improve for the better, and soon.

I appreciate the details you've shared with us, but honestly we would need to access and review your account to get a better understanding of what is going on here.

Please click here to send us a PM @CommunityHelps.

As for your experience with the manager over the phone, once we have access to your account we will be happy to use this as a coaching opportunity for the individual. We do not want you to feel that your concerns are not being addressed :).

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation