cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone Number transfers from Fido to Rogers & Chatr

Ed8916
I've been around

I have transfered two phones from Fido to Rogers on May,23 and one phone from Fido to Chatr on May,24. In first two phones (403xxxx916 & 403xxxx816) transferred to Rogers procedure quite smoothly.
But have very bad experience on third phone (403xxxx066) transferred. Still not transfer successfully on May,24. Fido supposed to text message YES or NO to confirm transfer phone to Chatr but Fido just only send information message, didn't send confirmation message to 403xxxx066. Chatr still waiting for Fido release phone number. Have phoned to these two parties to clarify what happens. Fido just said the confirmation message is over 90 minutes (specific no confirmation message to send to 4036188066), just asked me to inform Chatr resend transfer request to Fido. On the other side, Chatr reply to system still waiting for Fido transferred, can't resend transfer request again. OMG!!! These two parties just be shifting responsibility. I will reconsider my three phones to keep in Rogers or not.

**Labels Added**

1 REPLY 1

Re: Telephone Number transfers from Fido to Rogers & Chatr

RogersCorey

Good morning @Ed8916!

In a situation where you can't receive the approval SMS when attempting a port out, you'll have to contact your original provider for further support. Fido may need to approve the port out manually if you cannot receive the approval text for any reason. 

You can reach them at the following contact number...

Fido Validation: 1-866-405-8694

• Mon-Fri 8:00 AM to midnight ET
  • Sat-Sun 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET
  • Holidays 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation