cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting Nightmare

JL692
I've been around

I recently attempted to move over to Rogers after finding a more suitable package for my needs after being a long time Bell customer. Before making the switch I checked the website as well as calling rogers directly to confirm I can Port my current bell number over and was told it wouldn't be an issue. Fast forward a couple days when I get signed up, received my new phone, and attempt to port my number over, I'm met with nothing but issues on the website, I go through the online port attempt and am faced with a message stating they have an issue on their end and to try again later. So I attempted to use the second option and use the online chat to which I'm told the same thing again. Third I attempted to call rogers customer support line to which I was once again told the number cant be ported over for some unknown reason, on and off hold for over an hour, and no resolution. I am then transferred to the Fallout support team and they attempt to do it for me, once again the same issue. After multiple attempts here they tell me I need to call the local mobile phone company here as they have the number(Keep in mind I'm coming from Bell) so I call them and explain the situation and the guy I speak with has absolutely no idea why they would tell me to call as they are a stand-alone company who only piggy backs of the rogers towers in some locations. Back on the phone again with Rogers and 2 hours of hold later I'm told that its my number specifically that cant be with rogers, no explanation as to why, just that I cant, however everyone in my workplace has no issues with almost the exact same number through rogers. After an entire day off wasted on the phone with the most useless support I have seem, I am currently on hold again to cancel my plan and return my phone. Not even 1 full day as a customer and they forced me to leave already, unbelievable.

**Labels Added**

1 REPLY 1

Re: Number Porting Nightmare

RogersMoin

Hello, @JL692.

We appreciate you joining our Community and sharing your recent experience. We understand how frustrating switching providers can be, especially when a simple step like porting your number becomes complex.

I understand you were a Bell customer. However, it appears that your number is associated with another local provider. In such cases, the porting process can hit a snag, and I understand how disappointing it must be that our Porting Fallout Support team couldn’t provide a solution.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you’ve faced. We genuinely hope to serve you better in the future.

Regards,
RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation